Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

trex 450dfc first attempt

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

trex 450dfc first attempt

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 05:34 PM
aufevermike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trex 450dfc first attempt

Weather was a sunny, 35 deg. day light wind. Decided today was the day at my first attempt at ground moving. Upon spool up it kinda wanted to move backwards and I could get it to moved farwards. I figured that it was the not so packed down snow and tire groves that wouldn't allow it to skid so I quit for the day. Atleast I brought it home fully intact.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:39 PM
jackeylewis

Default RE: trex 450dfc first attempt

so how about its performance, does it fly good, any questions?
Old 03-14-2013, 10:09 PM
aufevermike

OK, well I finally got into the gym. I had an buddy of mine take it up and i saw it fly for the first time. HE has experience and was impressed with it as was I. He then handed it over to me to try my hand at ground moves. I went through 2 batteries and called it a night. Now for tonight I just went through 2 batteris and am now hopping and hovering. , I feel awesome, I had it in the air and no crashes.....I can keep it within a 6ft circle fairly good but need a bit mor practice, That will be tmorrow night.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:58 PM
aufevermike

ADDICTED... second day total flight time in the air without touching the floor was 11 minutes. I really like this heli. Although I have nothing to compare it to, I still am impressed on how it handles.
Old 03-29-2013, 04:00 PM
aufevermike

I am now going on my 27th flight. I have progressed without incident. Now I am working on forward flight which I feel is going to take a bit of fun practice. I had to hit the throttle hold a couple of times so far though. I find that hovering with the thing a 90 degrees will be very beneficial.  I have however have made a few successful long figure 8s with it. I don't have anyone to teach me and have yet to use a sim. Think I'll be 3d flying within a year???
Old 03-30-2013, 07:53 AM
Goggles
My Feedback: (4)

Sounds like you're making great practice, way to go.
Don't forget to start buying parts, blades, tail boom, gears, skids, etc. There will come a day you'll need them and a crash doesn't seem quite as bad if you have most of the parts on hand to quickly get back in the air.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:40 AM
aufevermike

Why? I won't crash...JK, Now that is great advice. Are there other components that have a tendency to break that I should pick up?
Old 03-31-2013, 01:01 AM
Goggles
My Feedback: (4)

The items I mentioned are usually the most common items, however, it all depends on the crash and sure as hell you'll have all the parts except for one.

I almost had all the parts for this crash...

Old 04-09-2013, 01:49 PM
aufevermike

Well after 42 nice non-eventful flights on my 43rd I finally had my first crash. The reason was over confidence in a constricted area with a slight breeze. The only things that happened were a cracked canopy that I duct taped and superglued, a very small dent in boom, and a couple of missing teeth out of the main gear. Of which were subiquently ordered a few days ago... go figure. Lesson learned. I only caught the missing teeth after took her back up and noticed a slight clicking sound. Not bad odds I guess 43:1...