Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

newby needing help.

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 10:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newby needing help.

<span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: small;"> Hi all. Brand new to the forum and to R/Cing in general and already need help. I have been flying a Blade MCX around the house while I'm in the learning mode and on the simulator before I</span></span></span><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: small;"><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: medium;"></span></span></span><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: medium;"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: small;">attempt the real thing on my TREX 450.</span></span></span></span></span> My problem is with the Blade. I had a very minor crash and when I went to use it again their was a high pitched squeal and while it would lift off it would not move forward or backward. All other movements are fine.
Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing this? I removed the cowl but could not see where anything was coming in contact with anything else. I'm stumped. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 06-16-2013, 12:20 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: newby needing help.

Sometimes in a crash, the main gear will drop down a bit, which will change your pitch. Grab the blade grips and see if you can move them a bit and if there is plenty of play, observer what your main gear is doing. If it is moving up and down, or has a large gap between the gear and the frame, then the gear has slipped down. Also, your motor pinion gear might not be making full contact with the main gear. If this is the case, just hold the head with a couple of fingers and use your thumbs to slide the main gear back up tight to the frame. Don't push on the outside of the gear, only the center.
Old 06-16-2013, 05:41 AM

Default RE: newby needing help.

I am not very experienced but my lil axe had same prob, The pinion gear on motor slipped down a little on shaft and was just barely making contact with main gear and screamed like a banshie. I realigned and applied a drop of Lock-Tite to front and back of pinion gear on shaft. Prob solved for me..My advice mite not be good advice for you because if your getting side to side movement then that sounds like cyclic probs. Just my 2 cents worth...Good luck.</p>