Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

heli problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2022, 03:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default heli problem

Hi guys. I'm new to the hobby and have almost no knowledge about it. I just got a 450 heli and i was doing the head set up but run into some problems. First of all i have an analog pitch gauge and i dont know how to use it. I tried to gauge it with my eye and then tried to fly it and nothing happens. Here's a video of what the heli is doing :
Old 06-15-2022, 03:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

unfortunately i cant post url so i cant show you the video
Old 06-21-2022, 11:23 AM

Received 80 Likes on 74 Posts

If it is a YT video, just copy the array of numbers and characters that follow the "watch?=" and post it as plain text. People can then copy that to either the YT search function, or even just paste it in the URL bar and the vid will show up.
Like this:

MAnBkYt3OJc

Copy that to the URL bar (or search it in YT) and you will find a video.
Old 06-29-2022, 12:02 PM

Received 80 Likes on 74 Posts

Apparently it was not that important...
Old 08-21-2022, 08:11 PM

Received 72 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Panos thom
Hi guys. I'm new to the hobby and have almost no knowledge about it. I just got a 450 heli and i was doing the head set up but run into some problems. First of all i have an analog pitch gauge and i dont know how to use it. I tried to gauge it with my eye and then tried to fly it and nothing happens. Here's a video of what the heli is doing :
Setting up helicopter with out any knowledge is the last thing you should do. If you can't use such a basic tool as the pitch gauge the best thing you can do is visit your nearest flying field/club and talk to experienced pilots.
To give you bit of an idea to start with, set your throttle/collective pitch at half stick with the blade pitch at 5 deg. positive. (fly bar paddles at Neut,) After, set the travel adjustments pitch curve in linear manner to plus 2deg. at lowest stick, (as a beginner) and 10-12deg at full.
Good idea is to stick on to your landing skids a decent size training X to begin with.

You remind me my early days, I hardly knew there was such a thing as RC helicopter when I bought one s/h, and didn't know even what is a servo was. When I saw it moving I thought, what a bloody genius thing! LOL.
I was so scared of the huge model at 2 meter rotor diameter I have designed in my backyard a soled galv. 3 inch tube, 5 feet high, concreeted to the ground with 100+kg of foundation base!
The model was based with its landing skids on ply platform and my genius design alloved me to hover the model up to a foot high off the platform as it was attached via solid 10mm metal rod free to rotate 360 deg.
That was a great thing to learn to operate Rudder, which is the most important function to learn to fly the things. The platform was also handy to start the model with a small belt under the nose of the model. No gyro to start with those days was a bit of a handful plus one servo operating the throttle and collective pitch, work that out, LOL.
It is so easy now days, some even land when you speak to t

Those were the days, 5ch. to run off 4ch. radio.
ell them so, LOL.