Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

2023 Model V912-a Not Binding

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

2023 Model V912-a Not Binding

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2023, 04:14 PM
AHS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2023 Model V912-a Not Binding

Aloha all, it's been awhile.

I took a little break from the hobby and am now just getting back into it. The renewed interest started when I found an old V913 at yard sale. Being honest, that 913 was my first Heli, well I did have a couple of those little syma jobs, so 913 was my first big Heli.

After replacing the motors, the bird was up and running. The bug bit. I then purchased a new model of the V912-a. I say new model because, from what I've seen since, the model that I purchased is kind of cheaply made when compared with earlier versions. At least the transmitter is.
Anyway, the V912 flew twice and then it would no longer bind with the transmitter. All sorts of different tries were attempted. Turn on the Heli, then the TX, turn on the TX then the Heli, Switch from mode 2 to mode 1 and retry, and so on.

This is what is seen.
The red light on the control board flashes slowly when the Heli powers on. Then the light blinks quickly when the TX is powered on. So, I must assume that they are seeing each other. When the throttle is pushed up and then pulled down, the light on the transceiver stops blinking, but there's no change with the light on the receiver.

Another thing that I noticed but can't be sure of. When Heli was powered up for the first time, the blades had a little movement. There is no movement now when powered on. It's like the only thing that's getting power on the Heli is the little red light.

I have been searching for an answer to this issue, but all information on this model is from when they came with a REAL transceiver. The Transceiver that came with this bird is of very low quality. At this point I have no idea if the problem is the Heli, or the transceiver.
The Heli is a week old, and I'm most likely covered for a return, but I'd still would like to find the problem.

If anyone has run into this, or has any thoughts on the matter, please let me know.

Mahalo in advance for any and all help.

Last edited by AHS; 09-29-2023 at 04:18 PM.