Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

How to setup Throttle?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

How to setup Throttle?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2004, 02:41 AM
daz59

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to setup Throttle?

I got my new Raptor 50 setup by the model shop, When i turn my hand set off the throttle goes to half position, Why is this?
It cant be very safe if my battery dies in my hand set the heli will fly away.

What can i change to fix this?

Thanks
Old 01-11-2004, 05:12 AM
sandal

Default RE: How to setup Throttle?

Look in the Tx menus (or instruction manual) for "failsafe". This is where you program where the servos will go when the signal is lost. You don't write what type of transmitter you have, but it will probably look like an EPA or ATV setting (-100 is idle and 100 is full throttle).
Old 01-11-2004, 08:27 PM
fritzthecat
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: How to setup Throttle?

Well, if the receiver looses the signal from the Tx, any noise, leftover signal or random rf will drive the servos. If you have a PCM system, the failsafe will kick in and move/hold the servos iaw your setup in the Transmitter. With a PPM (also known as FM) the movement will be random but most of the time the heli will head toward the most expensive item around the flying field - or your head. So don't turn off the Tx in flight. You should always turn the transmitter on first and off last. If you run out of battery power while flying you deserve to loose your helicopter. It won't go very far, all helis are unstable. Most Tx have a voltage readout so you can keep track of the battery condition.

Fritz