Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Stupid newbie question

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Stupid newbie question

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 12:24 PM
allanto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid newbie question

I have just set up my first heli, a Robbe Ornith with a Magnum 46 XLS. The instructions don't say which way the throttle should be when fully open or fully closed, or whether the servo should be reversed or not. How do I tell as I don't want to start it up on full throttle and strip the gears.
Old 01-15-2004, 12:33 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Stupid newbie question

The throttle should be closed, stick back toward you for idle.

My suggestion would be to get help with it before you start it or you will break it and chance burning it up.
Old 01-15-2004, 12:41 PM
rcu guest-delete

Allanto, a "stupid question" does not exist, you just made that up. You are safe now because you started asking questions. I STRONGLY advise you to find a local Heli flyer and ask him/her for help on setting your nice Heli. Anyways, if you even try to start your Heli at full throttle, or even worst, if it does, I ASSURE you will damage it and/or hurt yourself. Always start anything at low power ( idle ) and you will be OK. Look at the engine carburator, when its closed that`s low power ( radio throttle stick back/down ), when is open that`s full power
( radio throttle stick forward/up ). Be carefull and find an instructor.
Old 01-15-2004, 01:28 PM
allanto

Sorry, you've missunderstood my question.

I know the throttle stick on the radio needs to be pulled back to close the throttle, but which way should the servo move the actual linkage on the carburettor
Old 01-15-2004, 01:59 PM
allanto

JonnyTorres,

Thanks, I hadn't seen you answer when I replied earlier, I can't actually see into the carburator without dissassembling the heli, but I have managed to push a small piece of plastic inside and I can feel when the carb is closed or open, thanks again
Old 01-15-2004, 02:39 PM
rcu guest-delete

Allanto, you are very welcome, do not ever hesitate to ask questions, I have been in this hobby for 35+ years, and I mean Hard-core R/C`er, and the more I know, the more I have to ask. Sound weird doesn`t it ? As we get deeper into the hobby, the more specific questions arise and I always ask the experts for that, there are people that DO like helping others and you will see that in this forum a lot. GOOD LUCK!!!