Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Hacker C40-12 with matching ESC-Jeti Master 40-3p

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Hacker C40-12 with matching ESC-Jeti Master 40-3p

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2004, 03:03 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hacker C40-12 with matching ESC-Jeti Master 40-3p

I'm in the process of building my first heli with separates and am reading everything I can get my hands on. I didn't care for the cheap parts so often put in these kits. So, I bought the electric Corona 120 for durability. I recently purchased the brushless Hacker C40-12 with matching ESC-Jeti Master 40-3p, two Hitec HS-85MG servo's for cyclic, and one HS-81 for tail. Next week I'm going to buy the Airtronics RD8000 transmitter, minus the servo's. Then, at a later date, I was going to purchase the Futaba GY240 w/heading hold, 7-cell GP3300 (matched cells), and a battery charger (which I'm undecided on). First, do you like this setup? Please give me your honest opinion. I realize that I'm pouring a lot of money into a fixed pitch heli, but even later when I get a Logo Heli, I think I will still enjoy flying my Corona. I do have a concern over the ESC. I read an article which stated not to buy the Hacker Jeti "red" series of ESC because it was too "steppy". In the article he further stated that he had no experience with the new "Master" series of Hacker Jeti (which is the one I just bought). Are you familiar with this ESC? See, it came together as a kit, or I would have bought the Phoenix 45 ESC, instead. I would appreciate any comments on anything to do with my Heli, or future advise of what to purchase for my Corona.
Old 03-20-2004, 04:44 PM
Lenick

Default RE: Hacker C40-12 with matching ESC-Jeti Master 40-3p

Dear Geistware:
I came upon your message through a Google search. Although no replies were posted, I'm wondering if you ever got your response because I too am looking for similar information.

When buying my first electric-powered anything (a Corona 120), I asked for some reasonable upgrades at the same time. I ended up with a Hacker C40-12T and a JETI JES 30-3P. I was concerned they might not be a proper match, and hit Google.

I cannot find any specs on the C40-12T...am too much of a beginner to know the difference between 12T, 12S, 12L and all the other xx/xx/xx info making up other motor model numbers...am further concerned that the "red" series might be inferior (based on your message)...gee whiz, I don't even know how many amps this motor can pull. My ignorance and confusion goes on and on!
Thanks for your time.
Old 03-20-2004, 10:36 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Default RE: Hacker C40-12 with matching ESC-Jeti Master 40-3p

I am still trying to get an answer to this question.
I guess no one has any experence with this.