Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

help tools to start

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2004, 06:43 AM
aesp1408

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help tools to start

I have got my Raptor 50 V2 and am about to start to build it, are there any tools i will need, if so will some one post a reply to what i will need. Also what tools will i need to start it with, field tools.
Advice on a beginners tool set would be welcomed.
Thanks in advance.

Alfie

Old 01-23-2004, 09:45 AM
Spaceman Spiff
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: help tools to start

You can get by with just screw drivers,allen wrenches, pitch guage. would also be nice to have Ball-Link pliers.
Old 01-23-2004, 11:43 AM
wisdom-seeker

In addition I would recommend a set of tiny wrenches or hex sockets. There's a lot of hex nuts in a heli that need to be held or twisted during assembly/disassembly. A nice to have item is a regular/metric ruler. However, I myself prefer the electronic calipers that I got for $29 from Harbor Freight. This item helps you set up rod lengths, and it helps in identifying the incredible number of screws that are used in a heli.

As for field tools, you will also need a glow-plug wrench.
Old 01-23-2004, 05:29 PM
ChopperMike

Don't forget a voltmeter for checking your RX batteries. Never depend on the fact that you charged your batteries overnight. Always check them before you fly.