Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

FMS Beta 2.0 and calibration

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

FMS Beta 2.0 and calibration

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2004, 06:48 AM
nabilzahrif

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FMS Beta 2.0 and calibration

i just bought the FMS Beta 2.0 and had problems calibrating my T6XHs Futaba Radio on the PC. Its totally difficult to get it zero ed. Can anyone give me a helping hand? Btw, i'm having Shuttle Zx and using the above radio.
Old 01-30-2004, 12:17 PM
duffie

Default RE: FMS Beta 2.0 and calibration

All I can tell you is to adjust your trim controls as close as you can. I know if you're using helis it will never hold perfectly still. You will have to make corrections with your sticks to control it. Can't help you with planes. Sorry.
Old 01-31-2004, 11:01 AM
nabilzahrif

hi thanks for the advise.....actually i'm flying heli. Quite new, so need some fresh ideas from those experts from this forum.....maybe we can exchange ideas in future.
Old 01-31-2004, 11:21 AM
swee7an

i am using FMS beta 2.0

and i fly heli's in it using Futaba T6XHs, i tired alot to adjast the trim but i couldn't. my problems are with the rudder and ailerons. so now i adjasted the trims to the nearest stable possition and fly.

so do as duffie said, make corrections with your sticks to control it. thats what am doing.

(i never tired the real heli yet, i will today wish me luck)
Old 02-02-2004, 03:44 AM
nabilzahrif

I did try to calibrate it, but it so unstable and could hardly get it zeroed. Should i set the calibration settings in the FMS to 9600 or 19600? It seems there's no effect when i try to calibrate, haywire! My T6XHs is set to PCM, should i change to PPM? Should there be any problem if i run it in Windows 2000?
Old 02-02-2004, 08:40 PM
duffie

Not sure what to tell you to do. I'd go ahead and change some settings one at a time. If it doesn't help change it back to where it was and try something else. I'd try changing to PPM first off. For me to get it to work I had to buy a buddy box (that runs in PPM, my original radio ran in PCM), and had to have a cable made and download and install ppjoy program,(so I could run mine through my parallel port). My cable plugs into the parallel port on my computer and I have my radio set up as a joystick device in windows and in FMS.

All I can tell you is good luck. I fought with mine for about 5 or 6 weeks before I got it to run right and then I had to have outside help. Hope this helps.
Old 02-04-2004, 10:16 AM
nabilzahrif

Hi guys, pheww...it really took me a while to figure out the calibration. 1st, i set my radio to PPM then the mapping at 19200 instead of 9600. 2nd, assigned the channel. But i a little confused for tail, nick, roll. What is the exact channel for those? Any clue guys?[]
Old 02-05-2004, 11:51 AM
Lupus

To use helis in FMS you have to set the last 4 channels in the setup.

The names and correct mapping is something like this:

Roll - Alieron Channel
Tail - Rudder Channel
Nick - Elevator Channel
Pitch - Throttle Channel

The plank names are a little more straightforward. And you can set them both up at the same time, so you can fly planks and helis in this 'sim'.

Personally I find FMS to be a highly unrealistic simulator. It is very rigid and mechanical feeling. It will do little to help you other than help teach you which way to push the sticks.
Old 02-07-2004, 02:13 AM
nabilzahrif

Yeah, i heard that the RF G2 is much more realistic. Is there any trial version of the RF G2 for me to download from the net? I'm still learning to hover at one place. Taxing, huh.