Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Futaba 9CAP

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2004, 11:36 PM
Born2Fly
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 9CAP

I am flying planes for about 4 years. I recently bought the heli and I want to set up my Futaba 9CAP to use with heli. Is it real problem to set up, so I can fly the heli or should I buy another HELI radio? Thank you in advance.
Old 01-27-2004, 01:14 AM
FHHuber
Banned

Default RE: Futaba 9CAP

Just shift it to Heli mode insttead of Acro. Rad the manual on doing the mix adjustments, but the default Heli mix setup will get a trainer heli in the air.

Futaba has been Heli-friendly with thier computer radios for a LONG time.
Old 01-27-2004, 04:04 AM
Born2Fly

Is it a big difference between 9 CAP and 9 CHP?
Old 01-27-2004, 06:49 AM
FHHuber
Banned

normally... the Futaba difference between the "A" and "H" designation is... when you clear out the memory and reset the radio to factory defaults... "A" will be in Acro mode. "H" will be in heli mode. The "H" may have a couple of added heli mixes preprogrammed for you. The "A" may have an added fixed wing mix or two preprogrammed. They SHOULD be able to be manually programmed to make the differences moot.

(Moot::: of no consequence.)

To be certain... you would have to read the manuals on the 2 radios to verify this... However, that is Futaba's norm, and has been since they began making computer radios.
Old 01-27-2004, 08:59 AM
rdnardin

I use my 9 CAP to airplanes and helicopter too, and the radio work just great with booth...[8D][8D][8D]
Have fun with your radio and heli
Old 01-27-2004, 09:10 AM
vanman
My Feedback: (2)

Another trick that I did to help with the ratcheting throttle that is sometimes not desireable while flying helis was to open the case and put a piece of small fuel tubing over the the ratchet arm.....

This allowed me to have a smooth action feel on the stick with out permanently modifying my radio. The other nice thing about this is that it keeps the stick with a firm tight feeling, if you remove the ratchet they tend to feel loose and sloppy (IMO)....

Other than that, the posts above give all the right answers....I love my 9C for both planes and heli's

Enjoy
Old 01-27-2004, 01:06 PM
Born2Fly

Thanks a lot for all the answers.