Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Eclipse 7 Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2004, 05:14 PM
HeliKing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eclipse 7 Question

Finally I received everything I need to have my raptor 30 V2 ready to be setup.
I am newbie w/o r/c heli pilot around, so I have to do everything alone (with the help of this forum).

Today I am trying to connect the wire from the servos to the receiver, now I am stuck with the switch harness connection.

I need some help to tell me where to connect the 3 wire from the switch harness (2 male, 1 female connection ?).

I bought the on board battery checker, is it correct to plug the wire from the on board battery checker to one of the receiver's channel ( I will use Y connection to add more connection on the receiver if necessary)

Thanks in advance
Old 01-29-2004, 05:53 PM
wisdom-seeker

Default RE: Eclipse 7 Question

The switch has one connection at one end of the switch. This connection connects to the channel 8 plug on the receiver. The end with two connections are the connectors for the battery and charger. It should be clear that the larger connector goes to the battery, and the smaller connector connects to the charger. This way, you do not need to disconnect the battery in order to charge it.

I can't tell you anything about the battery checker as I have never owned or used one.
Old 01-30-2004, 12:27 AM
HeliKing

Wisdom-seeker,

Nothing I can tell you but THANKS ALOT !!!
Old 01-30-2004, 01:51 AM
FHHuber
Banned

BTW... if you get the connections wrong on the switch harness all that happens is: Off is on and on is off. (according to the label on the switch itself... if it has one) you plug the battery and plug the sqitch in any unused channel (or the one marked B or Batt) it works fine.

The on-board battery monitor with 5 to 7 LED's... plug it in an unused channel.... It lights up and tells you how much power you got. when the RX is on. I use them...they are NICE to have. (you see the voltage AT LANDING, when it reads the lowest.) they drain just 0.5 mah or something like that... essentially 1/4 the no-load current of an idle servo. So what if it takes 12 sec off your max total flight time per charge. USE THEM!
Old 01-30-2004, 05:07 PM
HeliKing

Another delay to my first radio /servo setup. I blew out the charger !! [:@]

I didn't realized if it was 110 Volt input. When I plugged it on the electric socket, it works for seconds than I smell burning plastic !!. Here we are having 220 Volt.
Luckily, I bought a hobbico multi charger (actually I ordered it by mistake because I didn't know that a charger comes with the radio set. But the mistake help me to avoid another delay) this time I acted more carefully, I checked the input voltage, but I could not find any information on the input voltage on the charger , until I opened the cover and found 110 v printed on the transformer.

No electrical shop around so I asked my friend who lives in the city (250 km away) to buy and send me a step down transformer, at 11 pm I got it.
I am writing this it is 2 am and I could not sleep !! Man this hobby makes me crazy
Old 01-30-2004, 05:43 PM
wisdom-seeker

I know how excited you are, but before you lift off for the first time, calm down, and make a checklist of thing that must be done before you connect the glow driver. Among these items are:

1. Verify that the controls move in the correct directions.
2. Verify that minimum collective pitch is also minimum throttle on the servo.
3. Range check your radio.
4. Verify that all of the switches on the transmitter are in the correct positions.
5. Verify that the transmitter antenna is fully extended.

All of these things are important for safety.

Once you have the engine started, resist the temptation to lift off of the ground. Slowly throttle up, looking for bad vibrations or anything that looks wrong. Get it light on the skids and see if it wants to turn or slide off in one direction. If anything goes wrong, throttle down immediately.

If you do lift off, stay just a few inches off of the ground until you begin to feel that you have control.

Good Luck,