Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Getting FMS to work for me

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Getting FMS to work for me

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 12:05 PM
duffie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting FMS to work for me

I've read alot on this forum about guys having problems getting FMS to work with the Zhen Hua tx. I too purchased a Dragonfly heli with the Zhen Hua radio, the cable and FMS back in the last of November. I read in this forum, researched everywhere I could find and still no results. Finally I found this website,
HTTP://www.mattclement.freeservers.com/fms/fms.html
He makes cables for most radios. The first thing he had me do was get on Ebay and buy a buddy box, which I did. Got a Futaba Skysport 4 for $17.00. Next I had him build me a cable to work with Windows XP. Cost, $20.00. He is very good, and will work with you to get it up and running. So, after screwing around for 5 weeks, I spent $37.00 and I am now flying helis with FMS and I am as happy as can be. (He also has alot of additional planes and helis on his website which you can download and use in your FMS sim on your computer).

As for the reason why I had to buy the buddy box instead of using the Zhen Hua radio, he said something about Zhen Hua radios transmit PCM modulation and most others transmit PPM and it needs to be PPM to work either with the sim or his cable, I don't remember which. I didn't understand all of that, but all I know is I'm up and running for $37.00.

This is just to let you know how I over came the problem that plagued me for 5 weeks. You can do what ever you want. I'm not here to sway anyone in any certain direction, all I know is I didn't know what to do and I found an answer to my problem and wanted to share it with those having the same problem. As for FMS being freeware, I think it is an execellent sim. Others might be better, but for the price you can't beat it and there's no reason why you can't learn to fly using it.
Old 01-31-2004, 04:06 AM
Rayan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Getting FMS to work for me

I have great news!!!

I finally discovered how to use FMS with the Zhen Hua Radio!!! [sm=thumbup.gif]

I only installed PPJoy software (http://www.geocities.com/deonvdw/PPJoy.htm) and configured the Virtual Joystick1 using serial port COM1 and selected under serial protocol "Zhen Hua 5 byte Protocol". Note: Do Not Close PPJoy, just minimize it.

Then start FMS and configure the control as follows:

Under Control menu choose Analog Control.

Then select Joystick Interface fron the list.

Now select Mapping/Calibration and use the following for Mode2 Radios:

Calibrate the controls...

And your'e ready to simulate!!!
Enjoy!