Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Aero Pilot choice of heli

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Aero Pilot choice of heli

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2004, 12:10 PM
Khizer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aero Pilot choice of heli

Hi guys,

I am a very good aircraft Pattern pilot and a beginer in Chopper flying.I ve been flying Nexus 30 type S powered by O.S.Max 32 SX-H ABC engine for quite some time.The nexus is stable and exhibits good flying characteristics.Now I ve got an offer to change it with TT Raptor 30 V2 with TT 39 ring engine.Now my question is this How good is Raptor 30 V2 when compared with Nexus 30 type S. Also I ve option to retain/change O.S. with TT engine.But I think TT engines are not so reliable also .39 is ring type which again I believe wont be good enough as 32 SX-H ABC which is ABC and is more expensive than TT.39.What do u people recomend should I change the heli(I ll be spending some money on that) and if I do change what u suggest about the engine?

Thanks
Old 02-01-2004, 02:24 PM
SF34
My Feedback: (24)

Default RE: Aero Pilot choice of heli

The Raptor 30V2 is a great platform for learning. It will also serve you well for advanced flying! The newer TT .39 engine is a great match for the 30 V2, and it has a little more power than the OS .32

Jarrett
Old 02-02-2004, 07:10 PM
syclic

Default RE: Aero Pilot choice of heli

If you are thinking of also purchasing a new engine, then I would suggest that you try the Century Raven 50 and buy a new OS50 engine instead of a TT39. This bigger heli is only marginally more costly then the Raptor 30V2. Then you will have an eCCPM heli that is as precise as a top notch 60/90, with a power to weight ratio that is more akin to the 90 size heli's and a light disc loading that make autorotations a breeze.

Here you have the quick and precise control response of the simple to set up eCCPM system, a very smooth and trouble free two-stage power system, the very positive torque tube tail drive system, a very positive triple bearing tail rotor system and bearings on everything.

With the lesser power of the OS46FXH it will have a power to weight ratio that is more like a 60 and the same great disc loading for autos. The cost of this 46 is about the same as the OS32SXH and delivers more power then either the 32 or the TT39. And being an OS, they last forever. The 9:1 gearing of the 600mm composite blades that come in the kit make the tuning of the 46 and 50 very easy.

And though its' flight etc. is more in the 60/90 ballpark, its' cost of operation (specially with the more frugal OS46FXH) and cost of repairs are more in the range of a 30. (In some incedences you may even find it less costly to repair then your Nexus is/was). In this way, you can also keep the Nexus/OS32 as a back-up or sell to another for their training.

Food for thought