Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

i can't get the heli up

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

i can't get the heli up

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2004, 09:33 PM
swee7an

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i can't get the heli up

before i mention my problems.

i went to the site where i found this guy who fly heli's and e-mailed him to get his help, but he doesn't reply.

i decided to fly it myself,

i ran my heli and give it half throttle (the heli is just about to takeoff) so i went behind the heli (almost 25ft away) and i saw that the main blades were tilted forward to the left (there was wind that day)

i adjusted the trims until i got the the blades parallel to the ground. after that i increased the throttle more but the heli went forward to the left.

and when i want to tilt it to the left, it tilts to the left and forward ! and when trying to do the same but to the right , it tilts to the right and backward.

another problem was when turn the heli to the left it keeps spinning until i turn it to the right little bit, and it turns slowly when i turn it to the right.

when i was putting the links (not right word) everything was level yet i had problems flying the heli.

i am using EMS. but for some reasone i think that MMS will work better for me. am not gonna do anything till i got some responses from you guys

thanks in advance
Old 02-03-2004, 10:55 PM
Spaceman Spiff
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: i can't get the heli up

Keep looking for help, it is worth the time and effort.

Your heli will try to go to the left when you take off if everything is set up perfectly. The reason why is the tail rotor pushes to the left to fight the torque of the engine. In a normal hover you will have to make it lean a little to the right with the stick not with trim. Trimming a heli is tough if you don't already have the ability to hover well. It takes a while to get good at it, so be patient, you will get there.

Moving forward could be a ballance issue, when you put training gear on, its center of mass tends to be forward of the mast, so it goes a littel nose heavy.

Do you have a simulator? Its the best way to learn to fly these beasts. best money i ever spent on this hobby.

Keep after it, once you start to get good at it you will see that it was worth every minute and every cent. the chalange makes it rewarding.
Old 02-04-2004, 12:52 AM
swee7an

thanks Spaceman Spiff for the reply,

i got a phone# of a guy (lives and fly heli's at my area) from a local hobby shop, am gonna give him a call on firday i think.

last week i broke my training gear, so i bought some wood sticks (little bit heavier than the training kit) and attached the plastic balls to its' end and used it as a training gear. maybe thats why it wasn't balanced.

about the sim.

i am using FMS, and almost mastered it lol,

well, i fly in the sim pretty well, i can hover. i can takeoff go around and doing the 8 shape and get it back and land it wherever i want any direction i want.

so i think i got the basics from the sim.

thanks again
Old 02-04-2004, 07:06 AM
polstery

You need help!!!! Your setting yourself up for a crash and you won't even know why. Find some local help.
Old 02-04-2004, 08:55 AM
Spaceman Spiff
My Feedback: (1)

http://www.p-locate.rc-helipad.com/

Just in case, here is a usefull resource for finding heli folks. There are quite a few listed in your state.
Old 02-04-2004, 09:13 AM
siclick33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you may possibly have your gyro reversed too. I would double check it make sure. If not then your tail pitch linkage may not be in the middle.
Old 02-05-2004, 01:36 PM
Temps

What heli is it?

am using EMS. but for some reasone i think that MMS will work better for me.
I persume its a caliber ? if so they seem to hate training gear also gyro should be fitted upside down
also if it is a caliber and you have a computer radio use ems its a bit more tricky to set up but its better
Old 02-05-2004, 01:49 PM
swee7an

thanks guys,

i will contact ag uy in my area to help me out. and i'll see what will happen in this weekend, i hope to get it fixed.

ORIGINAL: Quattro27

What heli is it?

I persume its a caliber ? if so they seem to hate training gear also gyro should be fitted upside down
also if it is a caliber and you have a computer radio use ems its a bit more tricky to set up but its better
yeah it is caliber 30. and i have a computer radio.
Old 02-05-2004, 01:55 PM
Temps

np[8D]