Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Radio Setup... PLEASE HELP!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Radio Setup... PLEASE HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 04:05 PM
Pathogens
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio Setup... PLEASE HELP!!!!

Wow..this is a disaster.. I have a Raptor 30v1 half v2 parts that I bought off some person on eBay. Bird was supposed to be setup and ready to fly, boy was I wrong.I have a Futaba T6XH radio,

Long story short, nobody files heli where I am, cant get enough info off of sites, dont know what I am doing.

Mechanics I can do, Electronics I am still trying to figure out.

I need someone to basically spell this out to me, how to set the exact levels up.

I need someone that can call me or I will call them, and tell me exactly, OK. this needs to be set at this measurement, and then this value in the radio needs to be this.
Old 02-06-2004, 05:27 PM
DustOffUH1
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Radio Setup... PLEASE HELP!!!!

I don't know about Raptors or that radio, but this site might help:
[link=http://www.raptortechnique.com/]Raptor Technique[/link]

Good Luck! I hope you find someone to help.
Joe
Old 02-06-2004, 09:17 PM
grittykitty

Raptor Technique is a very good site. If your heli didn't come with the manual, you can download it from this site as well. It will at least give you an idea of what everything is supposed to look like. Sounds like you got a v1 that someone either upgraded to a v2, or attempted to. Mr. Prewitt covers (in depth) a lot of the mechanical and electronics setup.

Good Luck.
Old 02-06-2004, 10:56 PM
Pathogens
Banned

LORD IF YOU ARE LISTENING, HELP!!!!!!!

Got the manual.. IT SUCKS!!

I need someone to talk to. I am a smart person but am having trouble putting the heli manual, radio manual and raptortech....com together. Once something is explained to me, I will do just fine..
Old 02-06-2004, 11:21 PM
dlaque

Hello ,i understand your frustration, i had a hard time setting up too !!! I will try to call you tommorow sometime in the afternoon
i am here in R.I so you will have to call me back (wife would kill me if i made a big phone bill, spent too much on the heli)
I am running my Raptor for the first time tommorow !!!

For now just to get me and everybody else up to speed, what kind of radio and gyro do you have ???

Be patient, you will fly someday, it is very important to understand everything about your heli and radio!!!

David
Old 02-07-2004, 06:22 AM
siclick33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is wrong with the manual?
Old 02-07-2004, 08:58 AM
dlaque

When i first started i had a hard time understanding alot of the radio settings, guess it was just newbeeness
Lots of settings for someone who has not flown a heli.

David
Old 02-07-2004, 09:25 AM
Pathogens
Banned

I have a Futaba T6XH with a Piezo Revolution 200 gyro
Old 02-07-2004, 09:36 AM
Pathogens
Banned

David, Thanks for being the only person that didnt post a message that made me made.

Try the manual??? WHAT???? did anyone read my first post?

David, Like I said, I have a cell phone so long distance is free on the weekends.. If you call me and leave a message or I will pick up and call you right back.

Thanks for your time.

Grant
Old 02-07-2004, 11:14 AM
dlaque

No problem !!!! I am going to try mine for the first time this afternoon so i will call later today or tommorow, i promise

Alot of people on this site are skilled flyers and maybe your question (and some if mine) seem trivial to them. I dont blame them for that and i appreciate everyone that has helped me !! Take the comments with a grain of salt, once you have your heli in the air there is no turning back, you will be toatally engrossed in it!!!!

I dont have your radio, i have a JR XP6102 but im sure we can both get it programmed right (the power of the internet)

Talk to you after i made my first flight

Dave
Old 02-07-2004, 02:00 PM
siclick33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am more than willing to help anyone that needs it. I do need more specific information to help.

What exactly are you trying to set up?
Are you having problems with the heli itself or just the setup?
Which controls are you having trouble with?
Which radio do you have?

Include any more information that may enable us to help you.

All the control movement requirements are in the manual. I doubt if plugging in someone elses setting will work. All setups are slightly different. Servo travel is slightly different (even with the same type of servo) and manufacturing tolerances will mean that other peoples setup may cause problems.

If you have a specific problem, ask on this forum and I guarantee someone will help you!

Apart from my earlier comment about the manual (which is one of the best that you will come across) everyone on this forum has tried to help you. Accept their help gratefully and you will find the best source of information available anywhere!
Old 02-07-2004, 02:55 PM
dlaque

Well said !!!!!!!

David
Old 02-07-2004, 04:09 PM
DustOffUH1

I agree. He wasn't being mean at all. If you search through the beginners heli forum,,, you'll see RTFM, a lot. Its not meant to sound mean at all, it simply means read the f*** manual. There are plenty of guys willing to help you out. This site has a wealth of information. Ask & you will get help BTW I did take that advice when I got it, went through the whole manual for my Tx. 3rd time through I got it The Century heli manuals are fairly explanitory,,, I've seen worse.
Joe
Old 02-07-2004, 05:11 PM
dlaque

I think we are all here to help each other,without the Ikarus bbs i would have never gotten my piccolo off the ground, ive said it before and ill say it again, the help here is worth more than any manual, no matter how well written !! I agree the TT manual is the best ive seen but for a total newbee (we were all one once) it can seem undaunting.

Thanks again all, im proud and happy to be able to help, and learn, from all of you.

David
Old 02-07-2004, 05:58 PM
Pathogens
Banned

Ok. let me get this straight.

I know that tons of people fly raptors.

Why is it that tons of people are basically telling me to go and read my manual, WHEN I already said that I have and could not make sence there.

No one is really willing to help me..
Old 02-07-2004, 06:15 PM
dlaque

Left a message for you, call me!!!

David

If you didnt get the message my # is 1-401-8216467
Old 02-07-2004, 06:46 PM
grittykitty

Everybody is telling you to read the manual because it has everything you need to know to get it set up.

I'm not meaning to be rude, really. But when your first post is "Call me and tell me what to do!!", you're not going to get much as far as enthusiastic responses. Like Siclick33 said, EACH heli setup is a little different. Yes, even though there are thousands out there, each and every one is not going to be set up identical. No one can call you, give you thier radio inputs, and you expect to go out and lift off. If a lot of the stuff is "greek" to you, maybe it's time you sit down and learn a new language, instead of wanting someone else to interpret for you.

This hobby requires the utmost of patience to learn mechanically, electronically, and mentally. I did 1 & 1/2 years of homework & research, while practicing on RealFlight G2, before I even considered buying my first heli (raptor 50 v2). It is not something you are going to learn overnight by ANY means. I scoured the internet for as much information as I could gather (including here at RCU). I will easily say I did more research before the heli purchase than I ever did for most of my college classes.

Like I said, I SINCERELY apologize if this comes off as rude, but that's just the way it is.
Old 02-07-2004, 07:32 PM
DustOffUH1

Well stated by grittykitty. I know how you feel. The first time I looked at the manual for my Hitec Eclispe 7 Tx, I said Holy S**t [X(] I had NO prior ecperience in RC, so it was totally "Greek" to me. I did read it 3 times. I wasn't kidding, and I still go back and read the Tx manual. People can explain it to you all they want but YOU need to understand. Don't get me wrong, we are all here to help. But like grittykitty said flying rc heli's takes a LOT of patience. Its not just build & fly. I too researched about 6 months b4 I even bought my first heli, and was still confused about a lot of stuff,,, esp the radio. But this site helped me out a great deal. Anyway, have fun with your new Rappy
Joe
Old 02-07-2004, 08:19 PM
dlaque

I agree with you guys, it takes a alot of research !!

No two helis are the same but the setup can be similar.

I fly my raptor almost on the same setup as my Eco only i used 120 ccpm mixing

and revo mix for the tail (simple gyro) for the eco 8 which was a more complicated task.

If someone is really stuck, even after reading the manual and the web, it cant hurt to ask for

help.

Id hate to see someone who really wants to fly not do it simply because the information seems overwhelming!!!

Thats what the forums are for... no???? To share and learn from each other who share simular interest???

Anyway without this (and other) forums i would not be where i am now, my Raptor flew for the first time today,

after fine tuning the radio it was awesomeme (thanks to the advice and help here on this forum)

Dave
Old 02-07-2004, 11:13 PM
grittykitty

DustOffUH1,
Thanks (a lot).

dlaque,
I would never discourage anyone from getting into this hobby, and God knows that the information is overwhelming. It was to 99% of us when we got started. I was just trying to get the point across that these are very complicated machines to operate & maintain. R/C helis are not something you pick up on a whim (especially used), and expect to be able to operate the next day.

Pathogens,
I guess I owe you an apology, my last post was a bit "to the point".[&o] But, stepping into helis is quite a commitment. There are a lot of good people here who are willing to help, but you need to be willing to start the learning process yourself. There is no magic fix for this. When you get into helis, you HAVE to learn how & why things do what they do. Around here, there are no stupid questions, everyone started in the same place. But, no one can "spell it out" for you.
Old 02-08-2004, 02:04 AM
DustOffUH1

Thats what the forums are for... no???? To share and learn from each other who share simular interest???
Anyway without this (and other) forums i would not be where i am now, my Raptor flew for the first time today,
I totally agree, as well as I would think grittykitty. But if someone looks at a manual once, and immidiately needs someone to explain, I fell that person is not giving themselves a good start, or a good chance at this hobby. Its not like flying planks. Granted for planks, there is a great deal of assembly time, and work, believe me I know. But heli's are totally different. IMO, heli's need a great deal more set up and research, to be able to even begin. And I feel that a person really needs to commit to that, or they will be out of the hobby soon, and that would be a shame. If you want someone to build and set up your heli for you, then you might as well have someone fly it for you too.(Don't get me wrong, planks aren't build & fly either). I'm definately not saying that this is what pathogens is saying, he seems like he just needs help, but we're trying to steer him in the right direction. This is a GREAT site. I received a great deal of help so far, and expect to receive much more. That's what the site is for. But it seems that he just wants to "copy" someones settings and expect everything to be OK. What we're saying is that its not allways the case. I tried to copy the settings from my Hawk Sport to my Bell 222 (Hawk III mechs). Granted it was "close" but not good enough. Every heli is different. Kinda like a fingerprint. No 2 are exactly the same. Anyway, time to go to sleep. Well, maybe one more Rolling Rock first
Pathogens:
We ARE here to help. Please don't take any of this negatively. We've been there. We know how it is at first. Totally confusing. Read and you shall learn. Both the manuals and here at RCU
Joe
Oh,,,, Cheers
Old 02-08-2004, 04:25 AM
Spaceman Spiff

Have you checked here for someone in your area?

http://www.p-locate.rc-helipad.com/

Even if you have to drive a couple hours to get help, it is worth every minute.
Old 02-08-2004, 09:18 AM
Pathogens
Banned

Dave, Thanks for being the only person that called me.

I will probally be giving you a call back today.

From what I understood before is that my radio (T6XH) had a 5 point pitch curve, or at least a 3 point one.

Now, I dont think that It has either.

I dont know what to set my hovering throttle at or when I move it, it doest seem to be moving my throttle servo.

Basically what happens, Is with about quarter stick applied, my engine goes full throttle and I dont know how to change it..

Everything else is pretty much setup the way I need it.
Old 02-08-2004, 10:45 AM
Pathogens
Banned

Yeah. My pitch curve is correct.

MY throttle cure is what is totally hosed up!!!

Futaba T6XH

Any Help????
Old 02-08-2004, 10:59 AM
DustOffUH1

This should be in the manual (Sorry I'm a smart *** sometimes). Anyway, the pitch curve:
Blade pitch on heli
N: Hovering -2, 5, 9
1: Stunt & Aerobatics -5, 5, 9
2: 3D -9, 0, 9
H: (Throttle Hold, Autorotation) -5, 5, 12

Pitch curve on Tx: 45, 55, 70, 85, 100

Throttle curve: 0, 25, 50, 75, 100

Hope this helps!
Joe

PS like Spiff said, it helps a great deal to have someone check things out, in person. Sometimes its hard to explain stuff on a BB. Good Luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.