Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

JR G500T neutral adjustment

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

JR G500T neutral adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2004, 09:24 PM
elabruna2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR G500T neutral adjustment

I bought a G500T from JR with a Futaba 5293 servo. I followed the instructions and I adjusted the subtrim for the rudder in order to remove the small movement that the gyro has in Tail Lock mode (the servo arm is moving very slowly in one direction until reaching the extreme when the helicopter is stable), the manual said this is normal and you can fix touching the sub trim for the rudder. That I found I need to adjust this subtrim every time that I turn on the receiver, the adjustment is always very small (2 o 3 ) but not always in the same direction. Is that normal, have I to adjust this every flight ?

Thanks
Ed
Old 02-07-2004, 11:53 PM
crazydave
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: JR G500T neutral adjustment

That's what I have to do with mine. I'm no electronics expert but I think it might have to do with temp. Min neds a click or two almost every day I fly.
Dave
Old 02-09-2004, 10:16 AM
Boomstriker

The temperature changes affect the gyro.
If you pull it out of the warm car, it's going to drift as it cools.
Initialize the gyro like normal but use the trims, not subs for centering because you'll just have to re-center everytime you initialize it.
I just leave everything centered and reintialize when it drifts.
Kirk
Old 02-11-2004, 10:25 AM
BIGRCR
My Feedback: (1)

Ed,
You may have an issue with the servo choice but try flying it first as a little creeping is normal, even once centered. I am running the JR 8700G on the 500T with no problems. Initially set the servo for creeping and then leave it be. You should not have an issue while flying otherwise. Yes, you can sub-trim out the servo creep with no issues, but if doing it with trim tabs, make sure that the trim is the same in all flight modes. Try to do all tail servo trimming with sub trim only and leave the trim tabs alone.

The JR 500T gyro is not a piezo gyro and therefore will not be affected in any way by temperature changes.

Hope this helps!

John Garst-BIGRCR
Miniature Aircraft field rep.
Magnum Fuels field rep.
AMA#461352CD/IRCHA#1716
Old 03-14-2004, 03:32 PM
135boom

The G500T does not suffer the tesmperature problems your are discussing. In fact, this model and the Futaba GY series don't either. Well, technically they do, but they have correction built in.
In any case your problem is in a misinterpreting the G500T instructions.
Note the asterisk "*" in the instructions. Those instructions marked with the asterisk are only for RATE set gyro's NOT heading hold.

Any Heading hold gyro should NOT have ANY trim, subtrim, or Rev0(tail to throttle) mixing. This will cause the drifting you are seeing and really mess you up. When you set up the rate mode, as oppose to the heading lock mode, you must trim by adjusting the pushrode links.

Hope this helps!
Dan