Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

GAS Recomendations?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2004, 01:25 PM
purpleheli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GAS Recomendations?

What of gassers? Would anyone recommend one for a beginner? I realize the added cost but have been told that they are a stable platform to learn on. Any truth to this and if so which one. I am not thinking of doing 3D and would like whichever heli to fit within a scale body eventually.
Old 02-12-2004, 09:41 AM
BIGRCR
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GAS Recomendations?

The gas helicopters are very sturdy, stable and long lasting and would be excellent trainers. The draw back is the cost of the 60 sized machine and parts costs. I personally would recommend a gas machine to learn on IF you can afford it and not become discouraged. Accidents WILL happen and however rugged, the gas machine will cost more to fix than a 30 trainer.

My personal choice is the X-Cell gas machine with the G231 Zenoah motor. This set of mechanics is what most of the 60 sized scale bodies are designed for and almost all of the ones not designed for it (Kavan. Vario) fit very nicely inside. The G231 motor has much more power than the G23, but is also very user friendly unlike the G23 can be at times.

Later,

BIGRCR- John Garst
Miniature Aircraft field rep.
Magnum Fuels field rep.
AMA#461352CD/IRCHA#1716
Old 02-12-2004, 11:10 AM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: GAS Recomendations?

Personally, I would recommend something like a raptor 30 or 60 to learn on. They are a lot cheaper, and just about as stable. You can learn to fly it, parts are a lot cheaper, and then move up to the gasser. Unless you just have a ton of money you want to spend, the raptors are as good as anything to learn on. None of them will fly themselves and I can't see the gasser being any easier to learn than anything else. You can do it if you want, but parts are going to cost a lot more. Many have learned on the raptor line and others like them. They are as good as any in my eyes.