Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Question about Flybar

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2004, 10:05 PM
nazwan78

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about Flybar

HI.. i'm still new in this hobby and hope u all can give me some info about this...

1) What is the function of flybar?
2) Can rc heli fly without flybar?
3) I used raptor30v2, compare to other brand like hirobo and kyosho, Raptor's flybar is located on top of main blades, meanwhile the others is below the main blades. Which are better?
Old 02-15-2004, 11:09 PM
FHHuber
Banned

Default RE: Question about Flybar

The flybar is a control power amplifier. The servo acts to rotate the relatively small flybar paddles and the plane that th paddles fly in tilts... this makes the links from the flybar to the main rotor tilt... forcing the main rotor to follow the flybar.

You can have an RC heli without the flybar... there are even some mechanic sets that don't have it. Generally you'll find them used in scale models, not 3D.

There is no real mechanical advantage of the flybar being above or below the main rotor... its really just how the designer thought his linkages would work the best. There may be an argument that bove the main rotor has an advantage due to the flybar belw the rotor having turbulence from the main rotor... but as soon as you are doing 3D and flying inverted... the one with the minor advantage reverses. (and its really so minor it isn't important)
Old 02-15-2004, 11:34 PM
Furyflyer2
My Feedback: (117)

I prefer the under-slung flybar, only because it's easy on the hand to stop it from spinning. The flybar does cause quite a difference in cyclic response, depending on the weight of the flybar.
Old 02-16-2004, 01:52 AM
nazwan78

Hmmm... thanks a lot.