Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Hitec eclipse 7--Good or Bad?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Hitec eclipse 7--Good or Bad?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 10:37 PM
Mugen Mbx5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec eclipse 7--Good or Bad?

Aybody use one or seen one used????Opinions??Anyone read any reviews on them?
Old 02-16-2004, 11:47 PM
DustOffUH1
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Hitec eclipse 7--Good or Bad?

Thats what I have/own/use. I think its a great radio,,, except if you want to get into scale helicopters. I kind of wish now that I had a few more channels. Besides that, I think its a great Tx. This is the first & only radio I've used. I knew nothing about RC or radios, b4 I got it, and the manual explained it very nicely. Mind you I had to read it a couple of times, because I was totaly new to RC. Anyway, I use it for helicopters & planes. The good thing about this and other "computer" radios, is that it can store up to 7 different planes/helicopters, and their settings. It has a ton of great features. I just got done driving 7 hours so I'm a bit tired now, so I'm not going to go on about it. But its the only radio I have used so I have no idea about the others, but for me it works great Hope this helps
Joe
Old 02-17-2004, 08:35 AM
HeliKing

I am using it for my raptor 30 V2, it is relatively cheap for the feature it provides, it has 5 point curves etc.
I am installing my heli with co-pilot system. It runs ok
Old 02-17-2004, 12:32 PM
wisdom-seeker

I love mine.
Old 02-17-2004, 05:58 PM
Stuck-N-Da-Mud
My Feedback: (14)

got the tx its great with spectra module just pop it out and change your channel negative & positive shift 7 channel memory 5 point curves alot of nice features use mine with raptor 30 & hb no problems its a good radio to start with . no doubt theres better radios but for the price if your just starting this one will take you a long way befor you want to upgrade!! lol
Old 02-17-2004, 10:32 PM
Mugen Mbx5

Can I use a futaba reciever with it or just with futaba?? It is a 7ch towerhobbies reciever.
Old 02-18-2004, 06:02 AM
Stuck-N-Da-Mud
My Feedback: (14)

YES YOU CAN USE FUTABA RECEIVER WITH YOUR HITEC TX YOU CAN ALSO USE HITEC CRYSTALS IN THE RECEIVER JUST REMEMBER NOT TO USE PCM MODE ON TX USE PPM. I HAVE A FUTBA R127DF FM 7CH.D/C RECEIVER ON MY RAPPY WORKS GREAT. GOT IT HELIPROZ FOR 57.99 DONT KNOW HOW MUCH TOWER HOBBIES IS ? THEY SAY IN RAPTOR MANUAL IF YOU HAVE A PCM TX YOU MUST USE SAME LIKE HITEC TX USE HITEC RECEIVER BUT ON ECLIPSE 7 YOU CAN CHANGE FROM PCM TO PPM. SO IF YOU GET THE RECIEVR AND IT DOES NOT WORK MAKE THIS CHANGE ON TX HOPE THIS HELPS YOU OUT[sm=cool.gif]LOL
Old 02-18-2004, 08:17 AM
ausheli

great radio, it was my first and i found it easy to use and the manual made it really easy to program, one tip if you are buying a new set up make sure you get the heli combo it comes with ball bearing servo's and an 1100mah battery pack which dont come in the plane combo
Old 06-20-2004, 08:07 PM
skellum

i just ordered one of these radios before remembering that there is something beyond channel that makes a tx and rx work together.

i'm curious if i'm going to have to buy new receivers for my existing modules. i have an airtronics transmitter (old SR i think) and am using it on a model with a cirrus micro receiver (not sure pos/neg shift?). i guess i just got lucky becuase it works with that receiver.

is there an easy way to know what receiver will be compatible with this transmitter? i need to purchase a new receiver for a plane i'm almost finished building.

Ace Alpha .061 with full size Airtroncis receiver (using Airtronics SR tx)
Mad Max 3d with micro Cirrus receiver (using Airtronics SR tx)
Feda Dragonfly w/micro feda (??) 6ch receiver (using cheap futaba tx)
GWS PicoJ3 (need to purchase receiver)

i'm purchased the Eclipse 7 so i could use one radio for all 4 of these models. at the moment, i'm windering if i'm goign to have compatibilty problems and haev to buy all new receivers?

thanks