Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

How frequent do you fly ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

How frequent do you fly ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2004, 09:10 AM
HeliKing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How frequent do you fly ?

Can you guys share with me how often do you fly your heli say in a week.
In the first month after I got my rappy 30, I flew every afternoon and I burned 3-4 tanks of fuel daily.
The cost of the fuel (cool power 12.5 %) here is about US$ 25 per gallon. You can calculate how many gallon ($$$) I spent in a month.

I do understand that this is not an cheap hobby and I will stay with my new hobby.

I just want to know if I "over" fly or it is normal for someone in this hobby to fly that much.
Old 02-18-2004, 11:50 AM
Spaceman Spiff
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: How frequent do you fly ?

When i first started i was hovering in the back yard for a tank or two every day.

After i started forward flight i needed more room so i go to a club about 12 miles away. I only fly 2 days a week now, but i fly a lot on those days.

I still go thru a gallon a week.
Old 02-18-2004, 01:58 PM
ChopperMike

I fly at least several days a week for 3-4 tanks per trip. In the summer at least. In the winter I fly indoor electric heli's and fixed wing as much as I can.

Only you can say whether you over fly or not. If you enjoy it and the cost of fuel isn't an issue, don't worry about it.

From what I gather, the hot 3D pilots who are flying 60 size machines go through upwards of 100 gallons/year. No way I could afford that!

Regards,

Mike
Old 02-18-2004, 03:07 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

When I started I flew about a gallon a week or more, every day. That was over 20 years ago for helis. I flew sunday for the first time in 4 months, but I was still able to loop, roll, outside loops and all that both hovering and forward. It has been too long. I would like to fly every day, but just can't find the time.
Old 02-19-2004, 11:15 AM
ChiefG

I go through about a gallon a week. With my busy schedule I try to sneak in about half hour a day flying (one tank) I do this before I pick up my kids from school. I found an open area that is secluded near my kids school. Which is convenient for me, I get off work, fly heli and pick up the kids. And on weekends, either Saturday or Sunday I go through 2 tanks at least and visits the local club. I wanted to spend more time but with kids, work and new house keeps my schedule busy.

I practice the sim at least an hour everyday.[>:]