Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

30 or 60 for learning?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

30 or 60 for learning?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2004, 11:17 AM
sabooo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 30 or 60 for learning?

I'm looking to get back into heli's after a few years away. My first bird was a TSK Mystar 30 that I had bought used. I did the sim thing, but after my first cra$h decided that I wasn't ready for the commitment. I sold off basically everything. Things have changed a bit, and I'm leaning toward a raptor v2, but I'm wondering if there are any merits to the 60 size machines over the 30's. Thanks in advance for your opinion.
Old 02-18-2004, 01:24 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 30 or 60 for learning?

Both are good. I bought a couple of 30s and sold all my xcells, champs and superiors, but then bought the 60 raptor and sold the 30s. It is a little more stable and has more power. Both are good birds, but the 60 is just more fun to fly. Cost wasn't an option though. If it is, the 30s or the 50 are fine. Parts are pretty cheap for them.
Old 02-21-2004, 11:18 AM
FBaity
My Feedback: (2)

Use a 30 to learn on, it is cheaper to repair.
Old 02-21-2004, 03:19 PM
sabooo

Too late I already have money on a Raptor 60 v2. I couldn't pass up the deal. New/used (never flown, engine never started)- ARF kit with tt pro70, JR xp8103 PCM heli radio, Futaba gy401 gyro (w/ futaba 9523servo), Rotopod training gear, A complete set of tools and field gear (Fuel pump, glow plug ignitor, hobbico starter, pitch guage, OS glow plugs, ball link tools, metric hex wrenches, kyosho jig, fuel tubing.) All brand new stuff, and local pickup for $1000. Seemed about as good a deal as one could hope for so i jumped on it.