Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

New Aerohawk Pulling Left Query

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

New Aerohawk Pulling Left Query

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2004, 08:10 AM
Megadood

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Aerohawk Pulling Left Query

Hello,

I bought an Aerohawk on saturday and got it all setup. However when ever it takes off the tail swings to the left and the helicopter leans to the left as it pulls off the ground. I have used the trim all the way to try and combat this problem which has helped a lot but is still not perfect. The helicopter is definately balanced and sits fine. Has anyone any suggestions ?

Cheers

Megadood
Old 02-23-2004, 11:58 AM
wisdom-seeker

Default RE: New Aerohawk Pulling Left Query

Are you using a gyro? If not, then the swing to the left is a result of increased torque load as the load on the rotor increases. Without a gyro, this is normally compensated by using "revo mixing". Revo mixing is set up in the transmitter, where you get increased right yaw compensation depending on the position of the collective stick. In most heli radios, this is something that you can adjust.

As for the left lean, did you set up your rotor with the swash plate level? If so, are you flying in a crosswind?
Old 03-12-2004, 09:11 AM
Thrasherg

Hi there,

I had the same problem with my aerohawk, I solved it by changing the servo gain. On the main circuit board (the largest board) there are two variable resistors (they are visible through the clear heat wrap that holds the boards to the chasis), I think it was the rearmost one that controls the gyro gain. I cut a small hole in the plastic and with a jewellers screwdriver turned the contol about 1/8 of a turn (I don't remember in which direction), if you turn it the wrong way then the heli will just rotate left even quicker and if you turn it the correct way then it will turn slower or not at all. My heli now lifts off with no rotation at all, I still cant control its direction very well, but atleast the gyro is making my life easier. Perform the adjustements with the trim control on the transmitter in the center.

Regards Gary
Old 03-12-2004, 09:13 AM
Megadood

Hi

Thanks a lot for that - will try it tonight!

Cheers

Megadood
Old 03-18-2004, 07:42 AM
borgyboy

heyy there

Mine pulls away from the left toooo ... (looking @ it from behind) .. is this the same for you ? ... which transister did you try .. the one @ the back .. let me know and i'll try it tooo

thanks