Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

what should i get???

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 06:55 PM
uncle ducky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what should i get???

I am new to this sport and was wondering if any of you out there would tell me what is a good helicopter to get that is not to expensive. And what I would need to get?

if someone can show me a list in what i need that would be great also. As i dont want no hobbie shop take me for a loop. thanks.
Old 02-26-2004, 07:26 PM
wisdom-seeker

Default RE: what should i get???

The first thing that I would recommend is to get a flight simulator like the RealFlite G2 or the FMS (Free Model Simulator). This will allow you to see if you are cut out for flying helis (which is nowhere near as easy as it looks). Buy and read Ray's Authoritative Manual on Helicopters, and browse as much of this forum and RunRyder as possible. The answers to your questions will be found in these places.
Old 02-26-2004, 11:12 PM
Spaceman Spiff
My Feedback: (1)

A good simulator is a very wise investment.

there are a lot of good starter helis out there. Raptors, Hawks, Ventures, calibers... are all fine. The best one depends more on you and your location than the heli itself. the questions are: what helis can you get parts for in your town? what helis do others fly in your town so you can get good help when you need it? how important is cost? Are you a relaxed pilot or more agressive?
Old 02-27-2004, 12:01 AM
Marcus Kim

Call heliproz or rick's rc and they should know what you need to get set up right. Heliproz.com Ronlund.com
Raptor 30
os 32
futaba 401 gyro
Futaba 9c radio