Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

eSky- Honey bee heli??????

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

eSky- Honey bee heli??????

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2004, 03:50 PM
chmath159

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eSky- Honey bee heli??????

Has anyone seen the eSky -Honeybee Heli? Or even heard of it?Who makes it?How well do they fly?Does any one own one ...Any feedback is greatly accepted....
I have seen these on ebay for around $175.00 for the complete kit...I was wondering if anyone has any info on them...I have never owned a heli or even flied one...I was thinking of getting it because of the price... and see if I might be interested in the sport...I own several nitro boats and have always wanted one..
Old 02-28-2004, 11:27 PM
Dr.Weasel

Default RE: eSky- Honey bee heli??????

from what i know they only go up and down

but i dont even have a heli
Old 02-29-2004, 05:22 AM
Budman17r

Hi I own one, If ur trying to buy it from the same person who I bought mine from (nilbee02) don't. I am having to go through all sorts of stuff to return it, filed a Paypal buyer protection claim, and plan on going to small claims court with him.

I may have just gotten a faulty one but, it is very unreliable, and I haven't been able to get it off the ground (I am a newbie, but this heli seems like it needs a lot of modification to get it off the ground.)

The way I received mine
it was missing 3 screws in the transmitter, it has a broken clip for the body, it has a non english instruction manual, and it just doesn't seem like it was built very well. IE you have to do modifications just to get the battery in the heli.

Btw, Hi all, I am just Trolling the forums, before I post...

lol

So in my recommendation, no do not get one.

but, its just my opinion.
Old 03-04-2004, 06:44 PM
hadis

I bought 2 esky/honey bees. One is for my friend.

They fly well, can take off and hover and land on my kitchen table.With PE blades, I can even fly outdoor ( wind speed about 5 mph ) .
For less then USD 150, its worth a try.

Hadi
Old 03-04-2004, 07:29 PM
chmath159

I received mine today and will be trying it out when the batteries are charged up...Hopefully I will have good luck with it...The only thing that I didnt like was the directions are in I'm guessing in chinese>>How long should you charge the batteries to get a full charge? Thanks to all....
Old 03-16-2004, 06:11 PM
eskyisstupid

You really shouldnt have bought that eSky honeybee heli, Its a waste of money BEWARE TO ANYONE WHO READS THIS,DONT BUY OFF EBAY FROM nilbee02
I bought one from him and the instuctions arent in english, he didnt mention that on ebay or in the emails.He is a theft. It wont even turn on , the blades wont even spin believe nothing anyone tells you about this heli, I wasted 200.00 dollars on this piece of junk .Im giving this guy 2 weeks to refund me my money or , I will go to court with him, along with a few other unhappy customers. Dont be an idot like I was , If you buy this product you will NOT be happy.

PS. Dont believe that guy Hadis , thats probably that ******* nilbee02 trying to give his self a good name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-23-2004, 08:47 PM
hadis

We now have more than 6 e-sky helis!

Charge the batterry until warm, not hot.
I can hover and forward flight for at least 12 minutes for one charge. With a li-ion battery (1800 mAH), it will even fly up to 40 minutes.
I'm willing to post the video of e-sky hovering and circling / moving around my living room. I just don't know where can I upload the movie / pictures.

The other nice thing about this package is that it comes with radio that compatible with Futaba so I can use my T6XHPS transmitter to fly this heli.

Hadi
Old 03-25-2004, 11:42 AM
ADE

ORIGINAL: eskyisstupid

You really shouldnt have bought that eSky honeybee heli, Its a waste of money BEWARE TO ANYONE WHO READS THIS,DONT BUY OFF EBAY FROM nilbee02
I bought one from him and the instuctions arent in english, he didnt mention that on ebay or in the emails.He is a theft. It wont even turn on , the blades wont even spin believe nothing anyone tells you about this heli, I wasted 200.00 dollars on this piece of junk .Im giving this guy 2 weeks to refund me my money or , I will go to court with him, along with a few other unhappy customers. Dont be an idot like I was , If you buy this product you will NOT be happy.

PS. Dont believe that guy Hadis , thats probably that ******* nilbee02 trying to give his self a good name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Esky did you get your honey bee to work? I just got mine in the mail and I thought it didnt work also. The blades did not move at all. Try this- make sure your trim and stick for the throttle control is all the way down....plug in the battery and then turn on the transmitter. Your RX should now start to get the signal....move your throttle stick up very slowly and your blade should start to move....you are all set to start trimming and learning to fly from there.

I hope this helps......Now can someone help me find where to get parts for my honey bee?

Thanks

Tony
Old 03-28-2004, 08:40 PM
hadis

ORIGINAL: eskyisstupid

I'm not related with niblee02 or any names of him. You can check my IP address, and you'll see that I'm not from the US or CANADA.
I bought E-Sky helis for me and my friends because the heli was affordable and worth the money.
Do not blame the heli just because you can not fly it. Give me your email address, I will email the video of the heli circling around my living room. No camera tricks, I flew it many times, and it just flew very well.

If you received your e-sky from niblee, you must ask him for replacement.
Old 03-29-2004, 07:08 AM
frodenquist

Hello,
You can buy spare parts from e-skyheli at Ebay. I own one of theese helicopters and havent experienced an probs at all !
Old 04-17-2004, 03:56 PM
kagreen2k

The quality of the spare blades (main and rear) I bought from nilbee02 were terrible. They broke after VERY MINOR hits. I'm brand new to helicopters and my original baldes lasted about two weeks of daily crashes. I'm getting better at flying and my crashes are fewer and much less severe and I'm lucky if I get two flights out of them. I couldn't beleive how easily they broke.
Old 04-19-2004, 04:06 PM
kagreen2k

I have had my Honey Bee for a little over two weeks and thanks to RADD's flight school, Hadi, and other on RC Universe, I am able to hover (albeit for 10 - 15 seconds at a time) in my tiny living room. The Honey Bee is an OK heli but parts are extremely hard to come by in the US. My only source for parts if nilbee02 on eBay. I do not recommend buying from him. This guy is way over priced a gouges you for shipping. He says he won't combine shipping because he can't find the right size boxes. I placed separate orders (at the same time for training gear and a lithium battery). They show up via UPS in USPS Priority mail boxes; two taped together with individual labels (duh). The second orders I placed (at the same time) were for front and rear props. I paid shipping for each. They show up (again via UPS) in one single USPS Priority Mail box. Again, I paid for shipping for each. Apparently nilbee02 has solved his box problem by STEALING boxes from the USPS and not still not combining shipping even when he puts the orders in the same box. Did I mention I live 3 miles from this guy; he could have dropped each individual order into a cab, given a nice tip, and still saved money.

When I received the props, I had to enlarge the holes so they would fit on the Honey Bee. Also, the quality was not nearly as good as the props that came with the Honey Bee. If I looked at them coss-eyed they broke. I emailed nilbee02 and he said his quality was as good as anyone else's and that I should try someone else props. I'm way ahead of you pal; I already ordered some from Century. DO NOT BUY FROM NILBEE02; he is a hustler.

Also, due to parts availabity in the US, I would recommend against buying the Honey Bee. Buy a Dragonfly or a Hummingbird. You can get parts for these and INSTRUCTION MANUALS IN ENGLISH.
Old 04-20-2004, 09:40 PM
hadis

I heard that niblee02 not a good person to deal with.
I have almost every item in the part list, and willing to help you. I just have no experience in shipping outside of my country, but I will try it ( if somebody ask me for the parts ).
Old 05-18-2004, 12:32 PM
stevehickey6

HI I TO HAVE PURCHASED ESKY HONEY BEE AND HAD NO PROBS SETTING IT UP AND BUNNY HOPPING IT THE ONLY PROBLEM I AM HAVING IS SETTING UP THE SIMULATOR CABLE THAT CAME WITH THIS.

ANYONE ELSE GET A SIM LEAD WITH THERES IF YES HAVE YOU GOT IT TO WORK WITH FMS
IF YES CAN YOU PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW

THANKS
Old 05-23-2004, 12:20 PM
littleal79

hello people. i got my Esky from ebay. teamhobby is who i got mine from. also my control work with fms. i have also ordered loads of new bit already because of all the crashes ive had and ive only had it 4 days. i get my spares from www.rc-expert.com. all proper blades and bits for the Esky.
Old 05-23-2004, 12:37 PM
stevehickey6

hi are you using simulator with windows xp or 98
ORIGINAL: littleal79

hello people. i got my Esky from ebay. teamhobby is who i got mine from. also my control work with fms. i have also ordered loads of new bit already because of all the crashes ive had and ive only had it 4 days. i get my spares from www.rc-expert.com. all proper blades and bits for the Esky.
Old 05-23-2004, 01:34 PM
littleal79

xp pro
Old 05-23-2004, 02:39 PM
stevehickey6

hi is there any special settings could you please give me details how you set it up

thanks
steve
Old 05-23-2004, 02:51 PM
littleal79

did you get my meesage. if not go to your inbox
Old 05-23-2004, 05:33 PM
stevehickey6

hi thanks for your reply i got mine last week but it did not come with a disk just lead the lead is serial it has a double sided plug that has a serial on one end and what looks like a priter port size plug on the other but i think this is serial also on the other end is the din plug that goes to the transmitter which is the esky transmitter. i cant get it to work on xp or win 98.

i had a aerohawk also which came with a paralel plug on it and this worked on win 98 but not xp.

i am in desperate need of a flying sim so i can get used to controles without crashing helli i have seen a feda dragon fly which comes with a paralel port conector and fms that says works on xp but i have noticed most of the people selling the hellis have not actually tested it with the trans mitter only using keyboard on xp thus you order them thinking they are going to work but they dont.

or you have to mess around alot to get them working.

im glad you have got yours and its working hopefully ill get something sorted

thanks for all your help
steve
Old 05-24-2004, 06:51 PM
Yub, yub, cmdr!

From what I know (very little but I have a lot of computer experience)

The parallel and serial cables don't work for Windoze XP for any sim that I know of... (Maybe works with Realflight)

USB cables do work.
Old 05-25-2004, 12:21 AM
littleal79

my fms works with xp.
Old 05-26-2004, 06:47 AM
stevehickey6

HI ALL FINALY GOT MY FMS WORKING ALTHOUGH NOT WITH TRANSMITTER I USED A PSXTOPC CONVERTOR LEAD TO USE MY PLAYSTATION DUEL STICK JOYPAD. WORKS FOR HELLIS AND PLANES USING BOTH ANALOG STICKS.

THANKS FOR ALL HELP EVERYONE.
Old 05-30-2004, 02:59 AM
electron
My Feedback: (1)

My TX and cable works great with FMS on XP Pro.... I flew with the sim the night I got my heli, to get a feel for flight on it...

BTW I just got mine a couple days ago and I was able to forward fly and hover mine though a battery pack on the very first day... Only thing from a stock eSky is the 1200 3s1p e-tec li-poly battery that I had on hand to put in it.

The way I got mine trimmed was.....

I powered it up in my hand and got it up to speed for a hover, lightly held it and trimmed till I could tell it was flying pretty level and giving a straight hover, I then lightly let go.. I only needed one more click of rudder trim and it flys great... That’s right out of the box.... Please take note I have been flying RC for many years or I wouldn't have launched it that way and I really wouldn't suggest others doing this type of launch, but man what an easy heli to get up and flying.. Also I think maybe the Li-poly might have made a difference as well..

Anyway this is a really cool electric heli, I love it...

Great heli for a fly around the garage and when its calm in the front yard...
Old 05-30-2004, 04:38 AM
stevehickey6

hi electron thanks for your reply i still can not get my transmitter to work with fms so gave it up im just using joypad. i have never flown hellis b4. i have had a aerohawk which i bought second hand and the esky which i bought new. both i have now sold and i have just baught a new aerohawk. i expected it would take time to learn and fly these things but did not expect the setting up process.

i think the part where it says flies straight from the box only applies if ya have flown hellis b4 and understand what you are doing.

i am gonna stick with this because it is very interesting and adictive.

my brother also is into hellis it was him who baught my other 2 off me and he has managed to get the aero hawk hovering and forward flight as well. the esky he manages to just get hovering but runs out of room before he can do anything else.

i think the esky maybe has more power than aerohawk possibly making it a bit harder to fly.

the main reason i needed to get sim working was to get my hands into the rythem of the controles because i dont think the sim realy learns you other than this because on sim there is no wobbles etc like you get on real thing.

thanks
steve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.