Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Absolute noob help needed

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Absolute noob help needed

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2004, 08:16 AM
arceye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Absolute noob help needed

Sorry for the noob questions I am completely new to helicopter flying having just made the jump from cars, I have bought a humming bird as advised by my local model shop as being the best buy for the money I had, and all parts are on the shelf ready for when i crash. My question is how much should it turn during take off and how high does it have to be before trimming can be done propely as at the moment when attempting to take off it turns to the 1 side not uncontrolably like if the gyro was wrong but it is enough to scare the hell out of me forcing me to land it again, ( i have quite limited space in which to fly surrounded by the very hard objects i just know its gonna aim straight for should it get off the ground)
Old 03-01-2004, 11:06 AM
arceye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Absolute noob help needed

Ok, I got it more controlled now I am guessing i just had to have the guts to get it off the ground, All is getting better but my novice ability is becoming obvious. I have read in these forums about removing a black cover from the main shaft, is this something that is for experienced pilots only or is it something i could do to help with my learning as it appears to give more control and responsiveness due to lack of friction?