Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Problem balancing main blades

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Problem balancing main blades

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2004, 08:32 PM
MadMike-Heli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem balancing main blades

Hello folks - I have two Raptors that are ready to go flying other than one big thing, balancing the main blades. I have a Revolution balancer - the one you get two identical glasses and stick the blades on the balance - try to extend them so they are out as far as possible - than whichever one drops - add stickers to the other rotor. My problem here is this, if the rotor is moved - by like 1/8" - the entire balance is off. So how do I know if the rotor is in balance at all? Again I'm using woodies so this is tres tres tres importante. Do I need a better balancer? - This one to me seems to suck... Anyhow insight into this would be great before I try to fly one and beat them up - I've flown heli's before - but these are teh first two I'm trying to setup from scratch - to learn how to setup these birds....

Thanks

Mike
please e-mail your reply to [email protected]