Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

50 megahertz crystals in xp 662?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

50 megahertz crystals in xp 662?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 04:40 PM
firestat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 50 megahertz crystals in xp 662?

I am a beginner in the Heli world and also am an amateur radio operator. I have the JR XP 662 and was wondering if I can put the 50 megs crystals in this radio. It currently has the 72 megs in it, and I figure that that might be close enough to use the 50's. Hard to find information on this.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 04-12-2004, 05:22 PM
FHHuber
Banned

Default RE: 50 megahertz crystals in xp 662?

You can NOT use 50 mhz crystals in a radio that is tuned for 72 mhz without doing some other modifications. Its doubtful if the RF board in the TX can be modified enough to do it.

Since you have the HAM licence requred... there should have been some information about what this would do in the classes you took to study for the FCC exam. You'd have the radio out of tune so far that the frequency pin you chose off the board would be meaningless. (and if caught you'd lose your HAM licence and be subject to more severe penalties than someone who's not supposed to know what they are doing.)
Old 04-13-2004, 04:45 AM
firestat

Default RE: 50 megahertz crystals in xp 662?

Ok, thanks for your help. JR advertisies that this particular radio is sold in 72/50 frequencies, and I wasn't sure if they were set up for both. Thanks, again.