Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
 Beginner: Thinking of a Raptor 50 V2 >

Beginner: Thinking of a Raptor 50 V2

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Beginner: Thinking of a Raptor 50 V2

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2004, 06:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beginner: Thinking of a Raptor 50 V2

I am looking at getting a Raptor 50 V2. From what I can tell the 50 is just as good to learn on as the 30. But, it has more power for advanced flight later on.

I want an OS engine. As it has a bit more power then the TT.

What servo's are good for it. I would like to get BB servos for a smoother operation. And are able to easily learn on but also have the capability to step up to more advanced flight.

What gyro would be a good match?

I am looking at getting the kit version of the heli. Assembling it should be no issue.

I can fly RC planes.

I have Real Flight Sim G2 with expansion packs 1,2,3,4 on the way. Thanks to Ebay
Old 04-17-2004, 08:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Beginner: Thinking of a Raptor 50 V2

I went through the same thing and had teh same thoughts as you.
I eventually decided on a Raptor 50V2 heli, OS 50 engine, Futaba G401 gyro and servo combo with JR 811 digital's on the other controls. i have not flow it yet as I am still waiting for my engine to be delivered. []
Old 04-17-2004, 09:22 PM
My Feedback: (54)

Aviator747 every thing GRANT ED said was every thing i was thinking before i read his post,you could look at JRs new 500t gyro also,if you got every thin granted said youd be set pretty good shape for your self,i have had the 30 size my self to and also have the 50 raptor,there is a difference in power like you said so be carful as you are new,most of all have fun
Old 04-17-2004, 09:30 PM

For the radio I will be using my house mates Airtronics RD6000. He is just starting to get into RC Planes. So I am borrowing his radio & am going to purchase a flight pack for it. It will save me a bit of money for the time being.
Old 04-17-2004, 11:09 PM
My Feedback: (1)

The 50 is definatly a good one to start with, and keep. Stay with wood blades for a while. I don't have experience with the JR500, but i can say that the futaba 401 is much better than the JR 410 gyro.
Old 04-17-2004, 11:45 PM

Thats what I was planning on doing. When I crash then I would go CF probally. And as I have read anything that is metal to metal use locktite Blue.
Old 04-18-2004, 12:19 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Aviator747

For the radio I will be using my house mates Airtronics RD6000. He is just starting to get into RC Planes. So I am borrowing his radio & am going to purchase a flight pack for it. It will save me a bit of money for the time being.

Sounds like a plan to me...

Splits up your costs a bit to make it easier on the budget. It won't be long before you'll want to buy your own radio system though.