Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

E_Sky losing control

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 01:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E_Sky losing control

Hello, I'm a newbie at heli flying. My esky is my first ever heli, and after a day of practicing i am able to get it hovering and move it around all nice-like for a minute or so. However, I am deeply concerned about something its does sometimes. When i get its throtte between 50-75%, it will sometimes ignore all my commands, and start spinning in the air (rudder isnt stopping the spinning) at the throttle i had it at. When i kill its throttle from the remote, the heli ignores it. It also ignores my trying to stop its uncontrolled spin. It actually stays in the same place while doing this [X(][&:][:'(] ! Then after a few seconds of this it lands.
Its done this a few of times indoors, so i only fly it outside now.
Why does it do this? Why does it spin uncontrollably and ignore my commands?
Also, out of curiousity, what does the "Gain" knob on the speedcontrol/gryo thing control?

JP
Old 07-13-2004, 08:01 AM

Default RE: E_Sky losing control

The Gain on a gyro controlls how much the gyro makes the tail servo move - in other words the sensitivity of the gyro.

if the heli in 'normal' curcumstances rotates by itself - you have to turn the gain up

if the heli oscillates (moves contantly left and right) the gain its too high and you have to turn the gain down.

Your problem: it sounds like your heli is getting interfereance and you said it has to do with the throttle SO is your motor suppressed?
if it isnt it will be making RFI.
it your motor is suppresses i dont know what is wrong with your heli maybe a board is mashed up or something
Old 07-13-2004, 09:39 PM

Default RE: E_Sky losing control

Is my motor suppressed? Do you mean does it have capaciters? It does have capaciters. Same with the rear motor. I wonder if it is the board.... Hummm.....

Thank you,

JP