Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Question from a re-beginner

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Question from a re-beginner

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 07:19 PM
redriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question from a re-beginner

Getting into helis (again) and hope to make it permanent this time! Just in case, I do not want to go wild money wise which would help keep the wife at bay while I gather all the cool toys necessary for the hobby.

How does this sound...

"Raptor 30 V1 with OS 32 with about 1 Gallon of fuel through it runs great. Only hovered for about 1 gallon of fuel. Never crashed. Has ball bearing upgrade and remote glow plug. Comes with JR 622 radio, servos and futaba gyro installed. Ready to fly but I would add a new rcvr battery. The servos are 507s and the Futaba Gyro is a DF-G154."

The seller wants $500 for the whole package.

Thanks for any help!
Old 08-17-2004, 09:15 PM
changed
Banned

Default RE: Question from a re-beginner

Before you buy it go to Heliproz.com and see what it would cost you new. The gyro you mentioned is old and not a heading hold gyro, and the JR radio is rather old. I think you could do a little bit better than what you listed. I think $350 to $375 would be a better price, but I would check with www.Heliproz.com first.
Old 08-17-2004, 10:05 PM
fritzthecat
My Feedback: (4)

A brand new Raptor 30 V2 with OS32 is only U$375. A Futaba 7C (lightyears better than the 662) with digital servos about U$275. Add a nice gyro for U$100. Total for a brand new state of the art setup = U$750

The used R30 is worth U$ 200. The radio and servos is worth may U$100. The gyro is worth nothing, maybe U$5.
Add it all up and you should offer no more than U$325.

Fritz
Old 08-18-2004, 10:08 AM
redriver

Thank you very much for the advice. I think I am heading for a new Raptor V2 this week!