Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Piezo Gyro Problem today need help

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Piezo Gyro Problem today need help

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2004, 11:51 AM
Kermy7803

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Piezo Gyro Problem today need help

Hello all-
I have a Nexus 30 heli, piezo gyro, Hitec receiver etc.. Anyway, I have been flying with this setup for awhile with no problems with the gyro. I know eventually I would like to get a HH Gyro but for now I am sticking with this "wannabe" gyro

Here's my problem:
Today I went out to fly. I did a radio check everything was fine. I started up the heli, and gave it throttle. Spun like a top. Looking at the tail pitch, it wouldn't moving any direction,even with the transmiter sticks, it was stuck to the left making my bird spin right out of control.

I stopped the engine, and everything was working again. I started up the engine, spun like a top. I did this about 4 times, before I realized that every time I started my engine the tail linkage would slide to the left and stay (didn't matter what I did with the sticks). Stop the engine and it goes back to center and I would have control again.

I played with the gain and center, and it didn't anything when the engine started. This is the 1st time this has happened and nothing has really changed with the heli except engine adjustments.

Ideas?
Old 09-26-2004, 04:10 AM
Charlie

Default RE: Piezo Gyro Problem today need help

Who makes the gyro, Telebee? I have read about Telebee gyros doing some pretty weird stuff. Have you plugged a different servo into the gyro to see if it's doing the same thing? That will tell you if it is the servo or the gyro. If it still does it with another servo, unplug the gyro from the receiver and plug the servo in and see what happen. All you can do is keep trying different things until you find the problem.
Old 09-26-2004, 11:31 AM
Kermy7803

It is made by Helimax. I was going to troubleshoot it today.
It very well could be time for another gyro. It has seen it's share of crashes

Thanks
Old 09-29-2004, 01:01 AM
bbuchorn

Are all of your mounts tight? I have seen radio gear go nuts when a motor got loose on its metal mounts. Check everything, standoffs etc... any metal to metal rubbing can generate rf noise.also check the balance on rotors etc. vibration causes more trouble.
A little extra time at the balancer can make for a much more reliable aircraft . Good luck.
Old 10-06-2004, 02:26 PM
Kermy7803

Consider this thread closed.

After some investigating, I found that my clutch broke. 1 half was @ my flying field (found it the next day). The other half was loose. So, I bought a new clutch, and liner. Also, bought a Gy240 to replace my crappie piezo gyro. Flys like a dream now.

Thanks for the help.