Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Beginner confusion!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2004, 08:04 PM
lish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beginner confusion!

Help! I just bought a helicopter - Remote RC RTF X Rotate Helicopter w/6 CH Radio SIM. I find the manual very confusing. I can't get it to even lift off the ground a little - the blades just spin and then the helicopter goes in circles. Also there is a long wire wound around the bottom and taped down...what is this for. It never says anything about it in the directions! Anything will help me out!
Old 11-23-2004, 05:30 AM
Charlie

Default RE: Beginner confusion!

Sounds like your battery isn't fully charged. I had the same problem with my Hummingbird when it was new. I just cycled the battery 3 times and it worked great. If you don't have a cycler, just charge your battery up and run it down 3 or 4 times, then give it a good charging and it should work OK. You should get yourself a good charger, them wall chargers suck, plus they take to long to charge.

The wire on the bottom is your antenna
Old 11-24-2004, 03:16 PM
lish

Thank you for the advise. I will give it a try. Hopefully it will work out! If not I'll be asking more questions
Old 11-24-2004, 04:11 PM
lish

Now I have a new problem. It definately has more power after charging the battery that much more. But...not the top blades spin constantly - even when the helicopter is turned off and the remote power is off. The only way to stop them is by unplugging the battery connection! Very strange. Using the remote starts the bottom blades, but has no control over those top ones! It wants to fly though, but we have no control on it!