Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Esky HB2 CP with new attitudes

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Esky HB2 CP with new attitudes

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 09:34 PM
tanasit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Esky HB2 CP with new attitudes

I first noticed that the stock Esky transmitter has no adjustment, except the 3D switch and trainer switch. Luckily I have the Futaba T9ZHP TX which has all bell and whistle which is more than anyone can handle. First step, set the transmitter synthesizer module to match the frequency on the HB2 controller, next set the signal from PCM to FM, then select the TYPE of the model among, airplane, guilder, helicopter to helicopter, of course. Next connect the battery pack to the HB2, cross my fingers and flip the TX main switch to ON. Eureka!! when I move the sticks on the TX, something move on the HB2. This is beyond my hope since I realize that the receiver has to be negative shift and dual conversion in order to work with this TX. This is only half the battle because the directions of the movement are all wrong! Setting the servo reverse function alone won't do the job because I had to select the proper swash plate type from the menu. They are S-2, S-3,S-4,SN-2,SN-3 which are not CCPM or 120 degree setup on the HB2, so I tried them all anyway. No luck, so I seeked help by posting this problem on this forum, again no luck. I lost the manual, so I went online for the pdf one and looked up the swash plate setting. Apparently the SN-3 is similar with 120 degree setup but it has front and back reversed. After about 30 minutes or so, I got it to work but I found out that the hovering pitch was too sensitive and the tail rotor came in a bit late. Half an hour later, I have the new throttle curve, new pitch curve, new rudder curve plus some exponential threw in for good measure.
I should mentioned also that I used the heat gun to remove the stock blade cover (which was wrinkle at some spots) and replace it with the clear shrink tube that not only stronger but smoother. Now my blades are super smooth.
Now the HB2 flies like a dream with smooth lift off with no tail drift and if I punch the throttle while it's hovering it'd jump NOT slowly climb like before. I can't wait to set the idle up so that I can try the forward transition and some circuits. Now I have more travel on all servos for better control, I can adjust the hovering pitch in flight to vary the head speed (slow for indoor and hover about, fast for out door and 3D, okay 2 and a half D), I set the timer to beep me at 10 minutes and 15 minutes, etc.