Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Concept 30 DX ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2004, 05:31 PM
ScottGB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Concept 30 DX ?

Hi Guys, I have been out of the sport for the last 10 years. Now that my kids are getting older
I have more time. So I have started flying my Concept 30 DX that I bought in 1990 again I have
a few questions. When do you replace the ball links? Some of mine have a little play, not enough to pull them off easily just a little play. Also, I have been reading some sites on the web and some guys say they lubricate all moving parts on there Heli's. The Kyosho book only says to grease a couple of places. Just wondering what parts you guys lubricate and with what?
Thanks alot Scott!
Old 12-10-2004, 07:03 PM
rusirius

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Concept 30 DX ?

Welcome back! The ball links should have some play, in fact, new ball links generally have to be "sized" (read that reamed out) because they are too tight and cause the servos to have to work to hard. As long as you can't easily pop it off with your fingers it will be just fine. As for the lubrication, I'm not an expert by any means, but I'd say if you don't notice any binding, then don't lube it. Any place you put lube that doesn't need it your just asking for dirt to get stuck in the lube and cause wear and tear on the parts. I'd stick with the parts that Kyosho specs and only lube other places you think you NEED to.