Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Advice for esky honeybee 2 plz

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Advice for esky honeybee 2 plz

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2004, 08:43 AM
dyiu9632

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice for esky honeybee 2 plz

I am a fuel heli player but im new to micro helicopters an they look like fun...im planning to buy the esky honeybee2 and I want to know what spare parts must i buy? i mean...what parts are easy to break? well for now i plan to buy an extra battery and i don't know what else. can someone plz help me? thx all.
Old 12-15-2004, 09:54 AM
tanasit

Default RE: Advice for esky honeybee 2 plz

Crash once on the sofa and broke the after market main blade root but still not come apart. I bought the after market main blades because they have the flat bottom air foil and thought they will be better for hovering than the stock fully symmetric ones. I used super glue to repair the blade root and shrink wrapped them then to reinforce the root, I taped them with sticky aluminum tape that is for the heat ducts and they work fine after balancing them on the gram scale.
So my suggestion is to get a spare stock main blades which have plastic reinforced roots and a tail blade. As for the other parts, don't buy any until you break them because you can get them from Hobby Lobby in a few days.
Extra battery pack is fine but limit your hovering time to about 5 minutes and better yet get a set of heat sink for both motor.
Old 12-15-2004, 09:58 AM
tanasit

I forgot to mention that the after market blades didn't work (I couldn't get them tracked because they don't have the lead weight as the stock one thus the lead-lag is unpredictable). I drilled 6 holes on the leading edge at the tip and press fit 6 lead ball, then glued them in place, sanded balance and shrink wrapped as said. They came out exactly 10 grams which happens to be the same as the stock ones.
Old 12-15-2004, 10:19 AM
Billyray

If you need weighted blades you can buy the Walt's MS Hornet Main Blades 225 MM Weighted - 15 grams for Bell Hiller Mixer blades they are for the Hornet but the eSky is just a basic Hornet Clone ive been told.

[link=http://www.deeteeenterprises.com/NS.ms_hornet.main.blades.CP.php]http://www.deeteeenterprises.com/NS.ms_hornet.main.blades.CP.php[/link]

Im also looking at different transmitters mainly the Hitec 6 [link]http://www.hobby-lobby.com/hitec.htm[/link] only because it has the spectra modual to change to any Frequency and its cheep.
Old 12-15-2004, 11:44 PM
pwterry

A spare tail rotor motor is a good idea. This motor may last many flights, or burn out on the first flight (not exactly high quality, and not rated for the voltage used).
I have two Great Planes 180 size motors on order from Tower Hobbies. The frame appears to be identical to the stock motor, but I'm not sure about the shaft size, yet.

Try some "searches" on this forum. Others have used different motors (incl. brushless) and differing setups.

One of these days I'm going to try a ducted fan, just for s***s & giggles.

Also, I've read of several pilots ordering, or making new flybars.

One thing I have not seen (I flew/crashed a 30 size nitro years ago) is pilots replacing what I call "hinge pins" for the main blades. Nitro heli's almost always bend these pins in a crash, yet I haven't heard them mentioned at all on electrics.
Old 12-16-2004, 01:34 AM
dyiu9632

thx guys...ok so i should buy spare main blades, spare tail rotor motor, spare tail blades...right? the most important parts...
Old 12-16-2004, 01:36 AM
dyiu9632

oh and how much would 4 mini servos and a reciever cost? just curious...without the remote controller i mean...
Old 12-16-2004, 08:43 AM
pwterry

oh and how much would 4 mini servos and a reciever cost? just curious
Just go to [link]http://towerhobbies.com[/link] and search / shop for whatever you please (servos need to 9 - 11 grams of torque). You will also need a gyro, two ESC's, and a mixing board if your TX is not up to the task.

Separate electronics are the way to go, but the $$$$ are to much for me right now.