Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

flying problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2004, 05:35 AM
JLHC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default flying problem

Hi
I from Singapore, And i very new to the R/C Heli(honey Bee). I had problem. Once i on the heli it start to fly. And there is no way for me to react. it hit the wall or the tree. I had brake the blade at least three time. Can some once please give me an advise or any one stay in Singapore can met.Thank
Old 12-17-2004, 08:47 AM
rusirius

Default RE: flying problem

Start by increasing the throttle/collective VERY slowly and ONLY to the point where the heli gets light on it's skids... In other words, you DON'T want it to lift off of the ground, but be able to "slide" around a bit... (make sure your on a hard surface, no grass or something)... Work on keeping it "stable" in one spot.. When you can hold it in one place pretty well, then increase the throttle/collective a little more.. Again hold in one spot... Keep doing that until you eventually get it to lift off the ground... You really don't want it any more than about 1 inch off the ground. Then just practice keeping it balanced and stationary...
Old 12-19-2004, 10:17 PM
JLHC

I had a 4 ch trasmitter. My problem is once is start the motor start turning. and i manage to control it not to fly high but using mode 2 which one is the throttle. i really don't know.
And what is the throttle trim lever.

Thanks
Old 12-21-2004, 10:03 AM
loadthis
My Feedback: (3)

Try cheking out this web site. There is a lot of good beginner info there.

www.dream-models.com/eco/index.html
Old 12-21-2004, 12:13 PM
scatbass

With all due respect....why don't you learn how your transmitter works first? How can you even attempt to fly a heli when, as you state, you don't even know what control is the throttle?? Hello? I too am a self-taught flier with only 9 months under my belt, but I assure you I spent 3 weeks with the machine before I ever even started it up.

Learn the mechanics and controls first and Good luck
Old 12-21-2004, 01:50 PM
bikz

why don't you go around S'pore and find out where other fliers fly......I heard that the flying scene over there is big and is very active.
if you don't know where to find em, ask the local hobby stores around....
then once u get to meet some ppl in the same hobby, look, see and ask on tips on how to fly.....thats the best way to learn.
another would be to get a simulator.....so learn around first.
Old 12-22-2004, 05:49 AM
JLHC

HI

Thank! I had find the Person willing to teach in Singapore.

In here not all place can fly the heli. Limited places to fly.