Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

My main rotor wont turn...?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

My main rotor wont turn...?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2004, 06:47 PM
heloman25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My main rotor wont turn...?

I've been asking in electric helis about this but nobody will respond, I got a shogun 400 that seems to work fine most of the time except that the rotor head has been disengaging intermittently. The main gear is turning as is should but the blades just seem like there not attached... is this the one way bearing? Nothing is obviously wrong and I've been hovering it the last couple of days for a little while but then it just "disengages." Sometimes if I cycle the throttle it will snap back on. Again, there are no problems with the motor or gears they turn as they should. Any ideas? Thanks.
Old 12-21-2004, 12:09 PM
Billyray

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My main rotor wont turn...?

Have you checked to make sure the thrust bearing is not in backwards? Or that the main gear with the main shaft is not in backwards? Sounds like the main bearing is bad and needs to be replaced. This bearing is set to grip when the motor engages and to let the blades turn free for auto rotation, but if its in backwards or not working properly it needs replacing. this is a common bearing problem.