Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

shogun 400 batt./carbon-fiber questions

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

shogun 400 batt./carbon-fiber questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2004, 11:35 PM
dyiu9632

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shogun 400 batt./carbon-fiber questions

i just got a shogun 400 and i bought some parts...gyro, ESC, carbonfiber tail boom. should i buy a 11.1V lithium for $27.5? is it worth it? or should the battery be a lot cheaper...advice plz!!! thx all and also should i buy carbon fiber main rotor blades? i mean...is that a big problem for the zoom 400? i know thats like a lot of questions hehe sry..
Old 07-04-2005, 03:52 PM
HP03 BlackHawk

Default RE: shogun 400 batt./carbon-fiber questions

I don't know why nobody has answered you so I guess I'll give it a shot...As for your battery question, be carefull buying cheap batteries...I paid close to that price for a new RCsmart 11.1v 2500mAh battery w/charger from Winghung2005 on ebay and my heli wouldn't say airbourne for more than 30sec. and after trying every thing possible including adjusting the pitch curve, adjusting gear lash, adding a 3200kv brushless motor w/30a ESC, soldering on Dean's ultra connectors, and various different blades it still would only fly for about 30 seconds then loose lift and come back down. I then e-mailed Winghung2005 and he replied with "I have checked the battery before shipping, it is good battery" then I e-mailed him again and asked what the continuos discharge rate for the battery was and he replied with "The discharge rate of the li-poly battery is 10c" Finally I just bought another battery, it is a used Li-ion 11.1v 1800mAh by ST models for $20 and wham! it flew for over 15 minutes continuos before I brought it back down to check everything (it would have gone a little longer but I didn't want to chance it, the battery still had 10.90v) I then got a third battery for $40 - it's a used Thunder Power 2100mAh 3-cell (this one costs $69-$79 new)and man with it the power is insane! After 15minutes of flight it still showed 11.05v. So I guess the best thing is to get a good name brand and it helps to have a continuos discharge rate of 8c or better for good power but it don't have to be because the 1800mAh L-ion from ST models I have is only rated for 4~6c continuos and gives plenty of power, but remember every setup is different. As for the blades I love the ones I got from xmseller Jeff on ebay, they are foam with a carbon fiber bar inside for re-enforcement and covered with a carbon fiber look covering...they are super light , super stiff, balanced, and track perfect and include a set of tail rotor blades for $24 buy-it-now. Geat buy for Zoom/Shogun.
Old 07-06-2005, 07:06 PM
clovus

Default RE: shogun 400 batt./carbon-fiber questions

Doesn't your motor get hot after 15mins...I'm using a 1650mAh and anything over 5 mins of hover it's too hot to touch. Or is this a systemic fault with my set-up?