Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

New twister. having problems

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

New twister. having problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2004, 02:05 PM
chudd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New twister. having problems

i have a Twister electric helicopter brand new. upon attempting to break ground, the twister drifts alot to the left. adjusting the straff right motion does not make much difference. and if i manage to break ground by holding the right a little, the twister straffs heavily to the right . speeding up/slowing down the tail rotor does not stop it from drifting
help, chudd
Old 12-25-2004, 06:03 PM
loadthis
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: New twister. having problems

This is a natural occurance caused by ground effect. The cushion of air between the rotors and the ground and the interaction between the cushion and the spinning rotors will cause the left drift. Ground effect on an airplane generally goes away at half the wingspan in altitude.
EG.... 4 foot wing - ground effect will be experienced at and below 2 feet. Aproximately. Try gaining a little altitude. I have a GWS Dragonfly that did the same thing. Center up your controls and get it into the air a little faster.
Old 12-27-2004, 05:32 AM
christos

I experienced the same problem, & I noticed that the swash plate was not in parallel position (all controls at center trim).
I removed the pushrod wire from the servo, there are 3x holes on the servo bracket and the correct position is the center hole. This adjustment brough the swash plate to level (parallel position) and all worked fine.

Chris
Old 12-27-2004, 07:54 AM
chudd

thanks for your help, now having problems with severe wobbling of the helicopter when hovering. please advise