Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Piccolo V2 tipping problems

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Piccolo V2 tipping problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2004, 10:54 AM
micron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Piccolo V2 tipping problems

Im new to helis. I just got a piccolo v2 for x-mas and i had been anticipating it so i had been practicing on FMS as well as easyfly. On the sims im quite adept. I can hover, and fly through the house in the sim with relative ease. After assembling my pic and running in the motor, i finally came to the moment of truth. Now i know some trimming is neccessary but man this thing was going haywire. i finally got it sort of under control and did some bunny hopping ect. My main problem is in the sim when you increase the throttle the heli goes upward. Mine slides directly to the left and alot of the time doesnt even slide but instantly begins to tip over towards the left. What would cause this tipping? Im also getting some vibrations and now my last crash has left the main gear stripped!!![] I know you have to kind of punch the throttle to get it up but when i get it up even chest high it goes hard left even when my trim is set fully to the right? This has been very frustrating. If anyone can offer help i'd greatly appreiciate it.
Old 12-27-2004, 11:56 AM
chudd

Default RE: Piccolo V2 tipping problems

slides directly to the left and alot of the time doesnt even slide but instantly begins to tip over towards the left.
This is a natural occurance caused by ground effect. The cushion of air between the rotors and the ground and the interaction between the cushion and the spinning rotors will cause the left drift.
by Loadthis

the left drifting is normal, it should stop after about half your wingspan length off the floor

i also had alot of vibrations. try adjusting the main rotor blades so they are spot on centered. this cured my vibration problem.
hope this helps a bit
chudd
Old 12-27-2004, 12:24 PM
micron

It says in the instructions to leave the main rotors kind of loose, or to just tighten them until they stay fixed under their own weight. Since then i have read on forums that its better to tighten them down... How do you fix your blades?
Old 12-27-2004, 12:35 PM
chudd

your not supposed to fix them, they should be tight ish, but still able to move under a bit of force. get them spot on center and even and this might stop the vibrations
Old 12-27-2004, 12:39 PM
micron

What do you use as a centering guide? Or which plane of the rotor blade do you make perpendicular to the flybar? Also should i use the flybar weights? I have them on now but saw on a good website a picture of the guys piccolo and it had no flybar weights.

Thanks.
Old 12-27-2004, 12:44 PM
chudd

i have a twister and just make the spacing between each blade even. i dont use weights