Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

gas or electric?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 12:40 AM
gamegeek
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gas or electric?

I'm driving my wife crazy spending so much time reading about helis on here. I just can't make up my mind. I fly gas and electric planes but I really like to fly at my local park a block away and a .40 size airplane is just a little scary trying to land between the light poles. I think I would rather have the challenge of flying helis as well as the ability to fly in more areas.

My question is which heli? I've narrowed it down to the Trex or the Century hawk sport. Both will come out to be about the same price. I already have lipos and charger. The 401 gyro would be used for both.

Will people who have experience with both let me know which they'd rather start with and which they'd rather fly. I know that the nitro helis are probably easier to learn on but I've read a lot of good things about the TREX.

Thanks,

chris
Old 12-28-2004, 09:26 PM
ChopperMike

Default RE: gas or electric?

If your intended flying site will allow for a nitro heli I'd say go with the Century Hawk. I fly both glow and electric and have flown (still have) the Hawk and I'd have to say it's going to be much easier to fly and will handle much more wind than any of the smaller electrics. If you don't feel you could fly a glow heli at your local park go with the electric. I have a Shogun 400 which I really like but I still prefer to fly my Hirobo Sceadu Evo 50. I usually take my Shogun with on vacations or overnight jobs where the Evo just isn't an option.

I know what your saying, difficult choices to make, especially for someone new to the hobby.

Mike
Old 12-28-2004, 10:28 PM
e-sailpilot86

Default RE: gas or electric?

don't forget about the LMH 116-117 and the Corona. That's where I'm going for my first heli. Still going to get the opinion of people on here as well as E-zone.