Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

E SKY no lift?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2004, 12:04 PM
canarytamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E SKY no lift?

Hi heli experts, I have an esky honey bee 2. The problem is that it will not even attempt to leave the ground. I know about the swash plate seperating, not a problem. It seem the blades will not pitch correctly to lift, they always look flat, the blades turn fast enough but no lift. Please post any advice in simple lauguage.

Thank you
Trevor uk
Old 12-31-2004, 04:43 PM
pwterry

Default RE: E SKY no lift?

Are you turning the throttle trim up after getting a green light on startup? Mine takes 75% throttle to lift if I forget to turn the trim up. 50% throttle if I turn the trim up until the blades start to turn. I use 11.1v 1200mah li-poly batteries.

What battery are you using?

Try unplugging the motors from the 4-in-1 and working the throttle. Do the servos pull the swashplate down?
Old 12-31-2004, 05:34 PM
bswole

See my post on the elec heli forum about hb2 possibly being the worst heli in the world.

The problem is the stock blades are basically junk for some reason, and you can't get any lift (at least that's what I read all over the net). Don't get excited though; I bought new blades as suggested, but the main problem is the crappy swash plate area that habitually comes apart, which results in only negative pitch.

I'm not very happy at all with my new poo poo heli.
Old 12-31-2004, 09:06 PM
pwterry

hb2 possibly being the worst heli in the world
One must keep in mind that "good" electric heli's start around $800, and go up from there. One must also remenber that the HB2 (and most all "cheap" heli's) are mass produced in China, by people making $1 a day, and that don't give a rat's a__ about what their making (even if they know what their making).

Having had a $1000 nitro heli in the past, I'm reasonably impressed that a $200 combination of plastic parts can be made to fly. Yes, most HB2's have some problems. I just remind myself that "you get what you pay for" and try to make improvements or otherwise work around the problem. I'm in this for some enjoyment. With this $200 heli, I don't get real upset when it smacks something and screams for some new parts. I would be so concerned about breaking an $800+ heli that I would either never fly it or I wouldn't enjoy flying it. If and when I master rotor flight, I'll consider something better. Right now I'm happy.

PS. My HB2 flies just fine on the stock symetrical balsa blades. The swashplate has yet to separate. The charger works okay. And, the two li-poly batteries that came with it have performed beyond my expectations.

PSS. Some upgrades would help. Take a look at the $69 swashplate and the $229 complete head on this site (they will fit the HB2 with little or no mod's): [link]http://www.helihobby.com/html/hummingbird_upgrades.html[/link]
Old 12-31-2004, 09:50 PM
Pathogens
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

this is what it boils down to.

micro electric helis = junk
nitro helis = good

do not waste any money upgrading the crappy heli that you have.

If you are going to invest any money, get something good. forget the cheap plastic micro crap.
Old 01-01-2005, 11:29 AM
canarytamer

Hi expert thanks for you ideas, I think the problem is nothing seems to pull the swashplate down square, which when I push down by hand I see how the pitch is obtained which would give me lift off. But what makes the servos all operate at the same time. they all operate seperately. Any advice please.
Trevor L
Old 01-03-2005, 07:58 AM
bswole

I understand that these things are mass produced cheaply, but that's no excuse. You don't sell products that don't work.

With that said, I think a new swash assembly would actually make this a nice little heli.
Old 01-03-2005, 09:01 AM
pwterry

I think a new swash assembly would actually make this a nice little heli.
Here's a nice CNC aluminum swash. Also a really nice complete head assembly:
[link]http://www.helihobby.com/html/hummingbird_upgrades.html[/link]
Old 01-05-2005, 09:40 AM
cadi196

I have the same problem with my bird. I have done all kinds of adjustments, and the swashplate is not separating either. I am about 99.9% sure I cant get mine off the ground is because of the battery. Mine came with the 8.4v NiMH battery. I have read several times that the HB2 CP will not lift of with that battery. I am going to be upgrading to the 11.1v LiPo battery that has been recommended. You never said what battery you had, so I was thinking you may have the same as I do.
Old 01-06-2005, 11:55 PM
stephentubbs

Hey Just brought a Honey bee 2 and after charging the flight battery and pluging it in the LED light only glows red dosn't change to green. And i can't get the motors to power up and spin the blades???? Does any one know what i might be doing wrong. Cheers.
Old 01-07-2005, 09:55 AM
tanasit

ORIGINAL: Pathogens

this is what it boils down to.

micro electric helis = junk
nitro helis = good

do not waste any money upgrading the crappy heli that you have.

If you are going to invest any money, get something good. forget the cheap plastic micro crap.
Not so in my case, I am very happy with my T-rex which now can hover more stable than many of my other gas ones which cost several times as much!!
Old 01-07-2005, 06:45 PM
johnnyblade

when you start your heli and your red light stays on try to set the throtlle trim al the way down the try to give some normal trothle to see if it will spin now

for Rc Models visit www.EshopJB.com
or for spare parts www.RcSpareParts.com

if yall need any help on rc parts or products let me knwo and i will se if i can help you out

greets JB