Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

new bee

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2004, 02:21 PM
Bo Roc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new bee

I was woundering if someone could help me out. I am new to heli's I like the Raptor .30 gas but someone told me (who dose not fly heli's ) that gas are hard to fly and I will be throwing it away in no time, but on the other hand I have read that the min 3D heli's are even harder to fly. I just dont want to buy a electric just to end up with a gas although I like the gas heli's from what I have seen I one of you can help me with what you have done or seen or even if your in the same boat. Your comments will help a lot thank you
Old 12-31-2004, 03:38 PM
chudd

Default RE: new bee

the nitro helis are supposidly easier to learn on, although i have learnt to fly with my micro electric Twister.
Old 12-31-2004, 04:28 PM
Stuck-N-Da-Mud
My Feedback: (14)

Bought a humming bird pro & a raptor 30 at same time, when I first started.The rappy was much easier. due to size and wieght. The humming bird although I was able to fly it was much harder . Smaller in size it was real twitchy.Took alot of time to get the hang of it,so stuck with the rappy.So yes a nitro is going to be easier to learn to fly.Check with local hobby shops to see what they sell ,helps if you need parts in an emergancy.Also check with local flyers in your area helps with set up if some body knows your equipment. Might want to think about a SIM will save you alot of money!!!! .If you go with a raptor get the 50 good beginner parts are affordable and it will take you a long way. Wish I had got the 50 to start!! But my son will take the 30.. I'm gonna jump to the 60.. Back with another electric here soon!! Just read through the post, you will learn alot!! lol
Old 01-02-2005, 11:49 PM
okw

I agree with the others that a nitro will be easier to learn on; much more stable. Also, get a sim. It's well worth the money.

Just a word of caution ... don't get advice on RC heli's from someone that doesn't fly RC heli's. There is nothing quite like them in all of the RC world. So if you don't have an experienced heli pilot or a knowledgeable LHS to get help from, check here.

Keith