Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

idle up on sim-G2

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 03:47 PM
scubatch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default idle up on sim-G2

I'm using the Realflight G2 sim. I noticed that when you use the idle up feature the heli is much more stable (less rotor control needed). Is this true in real world flight and why. Thanks
Old 01-02-2005, 08:07 PM
xanadu_vector
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: idle up on sim-G2

If you're using G2 lite you can't change this unfortunatelly, but it puts your gyro in HH mode. It also gives you 3D setup for pitch and idle curve (a lot harder to get used to and not like your first real heli setup unless your crazy.

It's a cheesy setup either way you look at it so change it ASAP or if you have G2 lite you'll need to upgrade. If you ask me a sim should closely match your real model. That default trainer heli in G2 is setup half for new pilot and half for learning 3D. I just learned how to fly using the tail rotor and no HH gyro, the idle up positions are a bad idea because you wont get used to throttle controll at all and getting the skids off the ground is a VERY important part of the learning process.

Another word of advice for sim users; every time you switch to a new manuver you will disorient yourself because some or all the controls will change based on where you are in relation to the heli. Forget about you standing there with the controller, you have to put yourself IN the heli. AND don't spend a lot of time doing one thing like tail in hover, as soon as you can do it MOVE ON. The more you do it the harder nose in will be. After you learn them all THEN go back and practice each one for hours if you want.

I used G2 for a couple hours and learned each manuver with no HH enabled because I'm stuck with the lite version. I found the Raptor 30 WAY EASIER to fly in real life. Use the sim to get your orientation down. Don't get too attached to it until you realize the differences between the real and fake heli. I'm sure I'm not the only one that picked up bad habits from G2. Like I said I have the Lite version and I can't setup the heli the way it should be. I'll come back to the sim when I start learning 3D or when I get the upgrade.