Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

beginner needing help

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 12:39 AM
MontanaPmp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default beginner needing help

Hello. I am looking for a low priced electric helicopter to start out with. I have narrowed it down to:
1. Feda Dragonfly
2. Kyosho EP Caliber M24 (both available at local hobby shop)
3. Hummingbird V.3

Which one of these are the best to learn off of and the most stable?
Old 01-03-2005, 11:57 AM
loadthis
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: beginner needing help

I started with the GWS Mini Dragonfly. A very unstable heli, but I was able to learn how to fly it. I did however go through a few parts. Most micro electrics are much harder to fly than the larger gas helis. At least as far as I have heard. I have yet to build my Quick 30.
Try a search to get more info on the helis you are thinking about.
Old 01-03-2005, 04:36 PM
Charlie

All micro helis a very unstable. A lot of people get the wrong idea about micro helis, they think just because they are small they are essayer to fly (that's a long way from the truth). Micro helis are a lot harder to fly then the bigger ones. Like loadthis said, do a search, there is lots of info on micro helis on this forum.
Old 01-03-2005, 07:17 PM
Flaps2012

I'm in agreement with the last 2 posts. Micro helis are definately alot harder to fly then their bigger brothers, but at the same time the challenge is a helluva lot of fun. My FP Hornet is a handful, but it is a blast to fly. If you are just starting out, I would recommend a 30 size machine. That keeps the cost down a little and replacement parts are a little less expensive. If you can afford a .50 or a .60, go that route. They are even more stable. And get a good gyro. You will not regret it.