Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Honeybee 2 let the ghost out. Help!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Honeybee 2 let the ghost out. Help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 03:02 AM
rotomind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honeybee 2 let the ghost out. Help!

Well I, like many, have bought an eSky Honeybee 2 and have a big paperweight. I installed the TrueFlight sim, then plugged in the cable to the Tx and then in the 9pin on the PC. It says it doesn't find the Tx installed. OK, instructions a little vague and then smoke starts coming from the Tx. I turn it off and pull the plug but something has cooked. I tried to get ahold of company but no luck yet. I did have someone at a shop look at it and they said the 2 diodes?? of the 4 on the board for the PC connection were touching and cooked. Everything else looked good though. Bad build at the factory? Either way it looks like no sim working until that's replaced.

Then I charged the battery(2hrs light went green on charger) and installed into heli. Turned on Tx, connected battery(11.2li-po) and get the solid red followed by red/green back and forth continuously. Servos seem to get power but no control from Tx. Motors don't spin at all.

Is my transmitter toast? It will make a stand alone TV lose the channel when on near it. Controller gone south? Just blinking red/green.

This is my first heli and this is why I never bought one but it intrigues me too much and price got the best. So any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated. I have read all related threads and tried most of what they said but somethings are a little different here. I sure would like to see this thing fly.

Thanks - Everyone here has been a tremendous help just in the information I've already gone through.
Old 01-04-2005, 07:07 AM
pileit

Default RE: Honeybee 2 let the ghost out. Help!

Be sure your throttle and its trim are full off before plugging in battery.
Old 01-04-2005, 09:11 AM
bswole

When I opened up my honeybee 2 box, put the batteries in the transmitter, and turned it on for the first time - it let out a big puff of smoke and a sizzle.

[]
Old 01-04-2005, 09:58 AM
Billyray

Doh... on the battery problem...,but !! You can use a Hitec radio with spectra mod...The ESky RX is futaba shift and you can use either a Futaba or Hitec TX as a direct replacement. Be sure that it has CCPM modes.
Old 01-04-2005, 12:38 PM
rotomind

pileit - I have moved them(stick and trim) to the bottom most position. Is this correct with mode 1? or is it up all the way? Haven't tried that.

bswole - what was your resolution to that? Did they replace the Tx.

Billyray - How much are those? Seems like I shouldn't have to buy one as I don't know if the company will stand up for their product or not yet.

Seems like these things are total hit and miss for quality. I find it hard to believe that total junk can be sold with no liability to the manufacturer in the good ole USA. But too many people have pulled these out of the box and had something go wrong. Hell I worked on, programmed and built PC's for 14 years with a major Corp. and didn't see this amount of problems with any equipment.

Any more ideas? [&o]
Old 01-04-2005, 01:14 PM
pileit

Mode 1 or 2 its still full down on stick & trim to set gyro at startup.I feel your pain about quality control.Just landed after bout 2 min flight.As i was walking to pick up heli (throttle off) a puff of smoke from esc section of 4n1. A fet popped ! Dang!!!!
Old 01-04-2005, 05:02 PM
rotomind

Man that hurts. Company contacted me back. Kinda acted like it was my fault I put batteries in it and tried to use it. Said they looked it over before shipping but I don't know how you look at a potential bad electronic part??? They want me to ship back(TO CHINA) the Tx and they will send me a new one. So now $$$$ sit in the closet until the part gets returned.

I thought either mode was the same position. Yes I have it all the way down with trim down too. The green/red light just flashes back and forth and servos no go or motors.

This is starting to look like an amusement park day out. $40 tickets, $40 food, gotta get a T-shirt and the funky picture.......blah blah blah. When does the vacuum stop sucking????
Old 01-04-2005, 10:39 PM
pileit

shouldof let them win the war-they would be trying to fix chevy's. hope you get back up soon.
Old 01-05-2005, 01:18 AM
tanasit

The manual says that the servo reverse switch must be all in normal position, but mine I had to set the THR and RUD to the reverse position to have the TX communicaye with the controller. Also another manual error: the two motor connectors, the top one must have the red wire on top and the bottom one must have the black wire on top!
My TX is Mode 2.
Old 01-05-2005, 08:11 AM
bswole

ORIGINAL: rotomind

Man that hurts. Company contacted me back. Kinda acted like it was my fault I put batteries in it and tried to use it. Said they looked it over before shipping but I don't know how you look at a potential bad electronic part??? They want me to ship back(TO CHINA) the Tx and they will send me a new one. So now $$$$ sit in the closet until the part gets returned.

I thought either mode was the same position. Yes I have it all the way down with trim down too. The green/red light just flashes back and forth and servos no go or motors.

This is starting to look like an amusement park day out. $40 tickets, $40 food, gotta get a T-shirt and the funky picture.......blah blah blah. When does the vacuum stop sucking????

Same thing here, only they were really nice. Said ship the Tx back to China, and they'd look it over and replace it if need be. I'm sure that'll be some cheap shipping. Same thing for the 4-in-1, which fried when I connected their cheap li-poly, which I've read can put out nearly 20 volts. If you got those cheap batts from the same company, you might want to put a meter on them before you use em' anymore.
Old 01-07-2005, 07:09 PM
johnnyblade

you can get a new radio for the E-sky`s on www.RcSpareParts.com

greets JB
www.EshopJB.com
www.RcSpareParts.com
Old 01-08-2005, 12:25 PM
bswole

I finally got my parts shipped off to China. It cost $15 to ship the Tx and 4-in-1 in a box barely big enough for both.
Old 01-08-2005, 08:38 PM
rlmarch

Also make sure the 3D switch is down.