Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

new dragonfly

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 07:24 PM
RiverRunner__2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new dragonfly

hi.
i just got my 1st heli yesterday.
the dragonfly. with a 4 channel radio and sim.
the sim doesnt work for windows 2000 like it said it would. the book doesnt tell me how to turn on the heli. or what all the switches on the radio are for. and the heli came from uk so i dont understand alot about what they are talkn about.
can anyone plz help me.
thx
Lar
Old 01-06-2005, 11:38 PM
loadthis
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: new dragonfly

Most likely the switches are the servo reversing switches. If your servos are going the wrong way you can just hit the switch. If it has a button on it, that is probably the trainer button. If you are flying with an instructor, he can plug in your radio and take the controls if you get in trouble. You can download FMS free from the internet. Just do a search and you'll find it.

Is your Dragonfly the GWS?
Old 01-07-2005, 06:11 AM
RiverRunner__2

hi. and im not to sure what kind of dragonfly it is. if you go to http://www.hobbyjapan2000.com/store/...ARTNER=bizrate
you can see it. and all the silver switches ect. i never flown one b4 and i just dont want to wreck anything on it.
ty for replying to me. if you check out the heli let me know what you think. and i got that sim you where talkn about but i cant figure out how to setup my controler with it. . im a moron what else can i say lol
thx again
Lar
Old 01-07-2005, 08:15 AM
bhermer

I bought one of tese for Xmas, had some good fun, but got a bit adventerious and crashed into a tree!! Spares seem to be hard to locate, though I have just ordered the hummingbird swash plate and top assembly, which I hope will work ok! FMS should work fine on Win2K, did you install the Serial/Parralell driver properly? I have uploaded the instructions to my website incase you need them :
[link=http://hermer.co.uk/FMS/index.html]http://hermer.co.uk/FMS/index.html[/link]

I have put the instructions up there as well as the drivers and a FMS model of the dragonfly. I hope this helps with your flight and training! One piece of advice though, get a good lot of practice on FMS, but dont rely on it, when you get your heli in the air first time it is NOTHING like FMS!!

Have Fun!
Old 01-07-2005, 05:53 PM
RiverRunner__2

hi there.
tyvvm. i was messing with the heli in the kitchn and it almost took off threw the celing lol and sideways. so lucky i was near it to catch it b4 it did hit lol. so i hope the trainer helps. and i cant figure out how to properly configure my controler with it. and do you happen to know what kind of controller it is. i have no idea what it is. and thx bud. i appreciate you getting back to me. and 1 more question. do those silver switches on the top do anything.
hope to hear from you again soon.
tyvm
Lar
Old 01-07-2005, 08:12 PM
loadthis
My Feedback: (3)

Well the canopy looks like a humming bird. Most of these micro helis are very similar and use the same parts. From the picture, it looks like the rotor and associated mechanics are the same as my GWS dragonfly. The tail rotor however is different.
At least one of the switches on the front of the transmitter is a trainer switch. As for the other one?????? It could be for dual rates if that company also sells airplanes? You could open up the back and see if it is even connected to anything.
As for parts, you could go to any online shop that sells micro helis and see if the parts look the same.
What ?'s do you have about configuring the controls?
Old 01-07-2005, 11:18 PM
knotthrower

Hi Guys,
What you have is a Walkera Dragonfly 22d (based on pics). It is not GWS. I have the 6ch 22a model which is on its way back as I couldn't get it to lift off ground! Also company told me that their 6ch Tx does not work with FMS: let me know if yours works.
Best,
Knotty
Old 01-08-2005, 03:00 AM
RiverRunner__2

hi there. i cant get the sim configd. i have the FMS and i also have the sim that came with teh heli. and that doesnt even want to load. it says it works for 2000 but it wont . so i got the fms and i tried to figure how to configure with my controller and have no clue where to start. i went to config and im moving the sticks around like it said and nothing is happening. its totally dead. am i supposed to go somewhere else 1st. as you can see. im really new at this lol. just got the rotors to spin yesterday got me all excited so i can imagine whats gonna happen when i do get total liftoff lol
so if you can help me plzz let me know. i need all the help you can. if your in the new hampshire area want to teach me how to fly it lol.
thx again.
Lar
Old 01-08-2005, 04:34 AM
bhermer

As I say, I have the same Dragon fly and have got FMS working fine on XP, shouldn't be any different on Windows 2000 (the Com App is older than XP), Remeber though you MUST have PPJoyCom running in the background, and where it says the serial port, next to that it must say recieving data AND the protocol has to be set to Zhen, then you open FMS, choose controllers , analog controller, mapping, calibrate.

Follow the instructions exactly as on [link=http://hermer.co.uk/FMS/index.html]http://hermer.co.uk/FMS/index.html [/link] and you shouldnt go wrong!
Old 01-08-2005, 06:38 PM
glhunt

Hi, I'm also a new owner of a Dragonfly 22d / 4 ch for Christmas. With regards to flight sims I couldn't get truflite 2 to work correctly but FMS works great using the info page [link]http://www.hobbyjapan2000.com/SimulatorSetting.html[/link]. My transmitter has two switches and one black button but upon opening it they are not connected to anything. They might be used if I upgrade it to a 6 ch version. I haven't flown it yet because of a little problem of not being able to charge the battery. I'm awaiting rc-expert advice on this matter. I have started it up to make sure the thing worked but that's about it. I would like to know what the gyro does ? My understanding is that it controls the tail with regards to motion of the heli.

Gerry
Old 01-09-2005, 06:58 AM
bhermer

Hi glhunt,

The Gyro detects rotation in the body and applies or removes power to the tail rotors to counter act the force to unwanted torque from the main blades. Hope this helps!

Ben
Old 01-09-2005, 08:07 PM
RiverRunner__2

do you need a driver for the controller. cuz if so i cant get one off the disk. cuz i tried everything for the fms and it wong even config so it may need a driver im thinking. and if so . where can i get one.
thx guys.
lar
Old 01-10-2005, 06:06 AM
bhermer

Hi RiverRunner__2,

yes you need a driver, I have posted the driver up at [link=http://hermer.co.uk/fms/index.html]http://hermer.co.uk/fms/index.html[/link] download it and follow the instrustions there.

Ben
Old 01-21-2005, 06:27 PM
mok73ph

where was the driver? all i can find is the instruction but theres really nothing for download....i downloaded the fms but i can get it to work with my tx ,,need help plssss