Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

ESky 2 vs. The Hummingbird CP

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.
View Poll Results: A poll
ESky 2
46.67%
Hummingbird CP
53.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

ESky 2 vs. The Hummingbird CP

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 11:55 AM
Billyray

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ESky 2 vs. The Hummingbird CP

I recently purchased an ESky 2 from a vendor in China. This price was right and the shipping was reasonable and fast. However my problems have only begun. The first problem was the separation of the two half’s of the swash plate due to a poorly built product. Other problems im having are the proprietarily generic parts. That is the parts are not of any standard like most other Helis. I’ve also heard of people having the Lipo battery put out 20v(+) and the Transmitter smoke the first time it’s turned on. This seams like simple manufacturing errors in wiring and quality control.

When trying to find parts and accessories I came across the Hummingbird CP. It is an almost identical match other than the ball link connection is a totally different size than the odd ESky parts. The ESky ball links mic to a size that between 3-3.8 mm standard making them impossible to replace other that factory parts. I have decided that for the best availability of parts and upgrades im going with the Hummingbird CP.

You can purchase the HB-CP at around $100 US. It’s only the bird with no speed controls or radio accessories, but the Bird is more sound. Its availability of parts from places like [link]http://www.centuryheli.com[/link] makes it a more logical choice. It has 120 deg CCPM mixing almost identical to the ES2. I’m going to take my servos and RX, motor and install them into the HB-Cp. I’ve also ordered a couple of nice upgrades.

Also a company call Helliproz [link]http://www.helihobby.com/html/hummingbird_helicopter.html[/link] has more upgrade parts for the HB-CP.

Just remember if you buy the ESky 2 or its variations your ability to have customer support and product upgrades is greatly reduced. I to was taken by the cheap price, but I now realize the old saying "You get what you pay for".

Also included is a survey. Which heli would you buy?
Old 01-07-2005, 06:35 PM
johnnyblade

Default RE: ESky 2 vs. The Hummingdird CP

im flying the E-sky 3D myself and i can do all i wanna do with it great heli

greets jb

www.EshopJB.com
www.RcSpareParts.com
Old 01-10-2005, 01:04 AM
Billyray

Default RE: ESky 2 vs. The Hummingbird CP

Bump
Old 01-17-2005, 10:42 AM
Billyray

Default RE: ESky 2 vs. The Hummingdird CP

My new Hummingbird just arrived. Ill be posting pics soon...!!!
Old 01-17-2005, 12:20 PM
Billyray

Old 01-20-2005, 09:47 AM
Billyray

Looks like my Hummingbird isnt going to be flying to soon im having unrealed radio problems. Ill post again soon.
Old 01-23-2005, 09:00 AM
Billyray

Vote Please
Old 01-28-2005, 01:13 AM
kant-go-fast-enuf
My Feedback: (2)

I have both heli's and I tried to switch over the electronics from the honeybee to the hummingbird. It doesn't work because of the ccmp setup the honeybee has. The servos are backwards . But you can put the CP head from the hummingbird on the honeybee you just have to flip it over and the main gear & shaft also fits on the honeybee.