Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Bag Thunderbird for Hummingbird???HELP!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Bag Thunderbird for Hummingbird???HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2005, 05:26 PM
jbeebe26

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bag Thunderbird for Hummingbird???HELP!

Hi everyone, Can you help me figure out if it's worth it to fight my Thunderbird?

I'm both new to this very cool site and new to r/c helis. I was too excited and bought the first one that looked good without doing enough research. Now that I've done some reading on this site and a few others, I realize I should have bought something better like the Hummingbird. Here's what is happening;

I have tried to follow the vague instructions that came with it to adjust the gyro, but the closest I can get is at about 1/4 power the heli starts to either move quickly to the left or it starts to spin circles clockwise out of control. I've tried adjusting all 3 dials on the gyro to the best of my limited understanding and even tried to compensate for the left drift by pushing right on the joystick, but it doesn't work. At one point I was able to get about 3-4 inches of air but it was so unstable I had to cut the power.

Should I try to fight it and replace parts if needed to get this one to work? Or should I return it and spend a little more on a hummingbird? I bought it from www.brightmall.com via ebay. He said he would let me return it with a 20% restocking fee. I paid $149 plus shipping.

I found this link last night, is this a good deal or should I look somewhere else for one?
[link=http://www.centuryheli.com/products/helikits/cn1020BRF_V3/index.htm?currentid=3]Century RC[/link]

Thanks for your input!!
jbeebe26
Old 01-31-2005, 01:34 PM
jacklook98

Default RE: Bag Thunderbird for Hummingbird???HELP!

Hi. Have you solved your problem already? I also bought a heli from www.brightmall.com. Before I bought it, I asked the guy what help I can get if the heli is defective. He told me that he could exchange a brand new heli for the defective one if it failed in seven days because of the material problem. Then I bought a heli from him and it is still flying very well now. So I would suggest you to get a free exchange first. If it doesn’t work again, just ask for a refund. Good luck.
Old 01-31-2005, 04:41 PM
rusirius

Default RE: Bag Thunderbird for Hummingbird???HELP!

ORIGINAL: jbeebe26
I have tried to follow the vague instructions that came with it to adjust the gyro, but the closest I can get is at about 1/4 power the heli starts to either move quickly to the left or it starts to spin circles clockwise out of control. I've tried adjusting all 3 dials on the gyro to the best of my limited understanding and even tried to compensate for the left drift by pushing right on the joystick, but it doesn't work. At one point I was able to get about 3-4 inches of air but it was so unstable I had to cut the power.
Have you tried flipping the gyro over 180 degrees? (turn it on it's head so to speak?) The instructions that came with my hummingbird told you to install the gyro upside down... Which will lead to the exact same problem your having... (heli starts to move one way, it tries to "resist" but puts in the wrong control since it's upside down and has it's directions reversed)... Try that and see if it solves your problem...

I'm almost hesitant to mention this, since it almost doesn't seem right... But I just finished a bit of an "experiement" with a hummingbird elite CP.... It's in great shape, has a few upgrades, extra batteies, and a few spare parts... If your interested in it, email me.. I'll make you an EXCELLENT offer on it... (My T-rex is getting here tommorow.. (ohh, and if you want to see how long i've had it, or why i'm getting rid of it after a short time (basically only had it about a week, here's the post... [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/Alright%25%25%25_Help_me_out_Radd%25%25%25/m_2570759/tm.htm]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/Alright%25%25%25_Help_me_out_Radd%25%25%25/m_2570759/tm.htm[/link]