Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Which Radio?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 07:59 PM
ellio

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Radio?

Hi. I just purchased a helicopter that has a JR 950 receiver but no crystal. I'm considering an 8103 transmitter. When viewing the want ads I noticed that some of the JR transmitters come with a module and some with a crystal. Am I correct in assuming I need the crystal and not the module. Also is it safe to assume that the 950 is a PCM receiver or can it be an FM receiver? I don't have possession of it yet. One last question. Is the 8103 the least expensive transmitter I should be considering? Thanks for the help.
Old 01-14-2005, 10:32 AM
WhtBronco

Default RE: Which Radio?

The 950 is a 10 channel PCM receiver. The receiver needs a crystal, the 8103 transmitter uses a module. You’ll need to check the HorizonHobby.com web site to see if that receiver is a single or dual conversion unit since the crystals are different.

About the transmitter the 8103 is an excellent radio, but the least expensive part is up to you. IMO, yes that’s about the cheapest heli radio to look at. Unless you can find a good used JR 378. The 378 is a 7 channel radio that is also good, and might be a bit cheaper. Personally I’d go with the 8103 over the 378 though. It in fact is what I bought for my heli. However, I would have bought the 9303 had I known it was coming out.
Old 01-14-2005, 11:43 AM
ellio

Default RE: Which Radio?

Thanks for the information Chris. It is exactly the information I was looking for.
Randy